Monday, July 27, 2009

Enjoying Hot Summer Days & Nights...

Oh, we begged & begged for warmer weather, so we got it! Man is it hot right now in Salt Lake City! I love the weather here though really, you get it all! We just had a little too many cold days for too long, so I did my little sunshine dance & well, Mother Nature listened. Sorry for those that are hating it! :} See, the point is...you've got to enjoy them! Make the most of it, find a way to cool yourselves down! If you're not fortunate enough to have your own pool, well, there's certainly got to be one in the neighborhood, right? We headed back to Kearns Park, there by the Olympic Skating Rink, which is a fun one. The fact they're open later helps too when you can't go play until work is done! :} Doug joined us later as he had work to do out on the roads (never ends for him, poor guy!). He is so fun to watch with the kids...just don't mess with Daddy too much, 'cuz he'll fight back! :} That's our "B-Dizzle", as he calls himself these days :}

Seriously Daddy's Girl in every way, she's got him wrapped around her finger all ready! :}

They have lots of fun little slides there. Here's cute Dyl playing with his sister! :} But, we love "The Bucket" the best! :} Here's the girls, Kaley & Asia (who saw her other friend there too), anxiously awaiting for it to drop! Oh, and side note...some of you know the "must go to Justice" story. Here's her cute swimming suit that she "HAAAAAD to have because it is JUST SOOOO CUTE!" :} Oh my goodness, she is SUCH a girl! :}

Despite Dylan being his mischievous self, he is awfully cute with his siblings at times, as we saw above. Though here he is waiting for Kaley to come down to scare her. That's our Dyl! :} "Wheeeee!!...."
Perfect way to cool off I'd say!

So, besides the pool, you should also enjoy just being outside. Enjoy the fresh air! Whether that's in your own yard, up in the mountains, on the beach (of course, that all depends where you live! :})...take it in! OK, so it's hot...deal with it. Get a fan, turn on the fountain, get on the good tunes, cook up something yummy on the BBQ, have nice cold drinks on hand & just chill on the patio. Always a good answer too! (So, if you don't have any of the above, just do your best to adjust as needed :}). By the way...Have I told you love my man! :}

Now add some good friends along with it....all the better!! :} Melissa & Paul joined us for the night. I don't know how to explain how Lissa (as I call her) & I are such good friends, we've just got each other from the beginning. We've known each other 10 years now, that's crazy too. And despite things that are hard to talk about, hard to deal with, you hope you have someone who will listen & do their best to understand regardless. I won't get into it, it's not my place. I also know this is hard for some people who may be reading. It's hard to see someone move on when needed, when you love all the people involved. It doesn't mean I stop caring about those friends & don't want anything but the best for them! But, what I will say, is I do believe you should go with your heart, and know there is a reason for everything! Know what the difference is of course (what's in your heart verses the moment); but, don't hold yourself back from being the person that you are inside, and do whatever you have to do to keep your soul alive & well. Love the life we've got, right? As Bob Marley says, "Everything's Gonna Be All Right!" :} We've had some tough conversations & I believe in Lissa, she is truly good person. I love her zest for life & her way with words. I tell ya, and I've said it before, there's something about those Melissa's in my life! :} And Paul is a great guy...an AMAZING photographer, works in ATC, loves the nature, appreciates life, like Lissa. I'm very happy for them & wish them all the best!!

Luv ya Lissa...thanks for a fun night & more great conversations! :}

Hope you're enjoying your summer so far too!! If not, we'll it's not too late; but, you better hurry because it's all ready 2/3rd's over! :{

4 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

What a fun time at that rec center. I love their pools there. Looks like the perfect way to cool off!
And we love you too girlfriend! You and Doug are the truest of friends and the coolest people around. Thank you for always being there for me whether you agreed with me or not. I am one lucky girl! I adore you guys and Paul does too. He has been raving about how great you guys are! Thanks so much for having us over, for dinner, for the great time and most of all your love and conversations!!! Now lets get planning that camping trip!!! ;) Hugs and tons of love!!!

Melissa Joy said...

And serously, we have known each other for 10 years now?! WOW, time flies when you are having fun!! :) Looking forward to the next 10 with you as my friend!!!

Colleen said...

Looks like a great time at the pool. That bucket's a big hit! Love Kaley's swim suit. We finally made it to Justice today. Cute stuff. You sure are surrounded by some great friends, sounds like a fun day!

Carla said...

No matter what happens you are a great friend to all. That is one thing I love about you. Sure glad to know you are such a good friend. I wish nothing but the best to everyone involved.

Remember: "It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny.”