Thursday, June 25, 2009

Plenty to celebrate...

Last weekend we had plenty to celebrate. As my parents would call it, it was "Our Family Birthday" (our Anniversary, now of 17 years!). This means, together 21 years now, I've been with Doug MORE than half my life. Why does that sound so weird?! Despite the business of Saturdays, we still enjoyed family time together this day & had plenty of love from the kids too (they like that it's just a birthday for us all! :}). Happy Birthday to the Coleman Five! :}

It's nice when your spouse remembers the simple things, like your favorite kind of flower (mine is the Iris...we have some blooming right now in our yard, love them!)

The next day was followed up with Father's Day. Though I tried to get Doug to go enjoy his day with his favorite thing to do, play some golf, he decided it was best to take advantage of the sunny day & work on the posts. What a good guy! I don't think I say enough how proud he makes me to see him as a Father! Despite his big concerns in "doing it right", since he just wasn't around many little kids too much growing up, I think he's doing a FABULOUS job! :}
And for "The Celebration", we were once again blessed to be entertained by Dylan & Kaley in thier dance off!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Love it - dance party! Happy anniversary. I remember it clearly - all of it. The house you lived in over by Cottonwood High, meeting Doug for the first time, and of course the wedding. You guys are a great family. I love you so much! Congratulations!!!

Melissa Joy said...

Look at your kiddos, they are all looking so much older to me. They have grown a TON! Doug is a terrific Dad and Happy Fathers day to him. And happy late family birthday (soooo love that) what a great way to celebrate the day. You guys are such a cute family! Love to all of you!

Colleen said...

Wow, more than half your life, thats crazy! You have such a cute family! Happy anniversary!