Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dylan becomes a teenager

Hard to believe our Dylan is 13 years old now!! He certainly came into this world in a dramatic way, which is only fitting for our rambunctious guy! Anyone who's known us for a while, knows we have all kinds of Dylan stories! Let's just say it's NEVER boring around our house! :}. He has plenty of nick names: Dyl-Pickle, Dylan the Villain, Dylan the Devil (given to him by his sister :}),  Flex, Mr. Flextastic...for just a few. I must admit, which I'm sure he just loves, he is very much MY son. I see all kinds of resemblances of me as a child (sorry Dyl! :}). We had a nice evening with the family to celebrate his day. Then he had his friends over for Sports Fun & time at the Rec Center, for his official party, the next day. Kaley was proud of her gift (she helped make a CD with his favorite songs & drew him a picture :}).
He loves his sister! (even if he doesn't like to admit it! :})
And he loves his brother too, I know he does! :}
We know his family loves him!! :}
Glad to have Great Grandma there! (We love any chance we get with her! :}) 
...as well as Grandma & Grandpa Leach! :}
While thinking about the last 13 years of life with Dylan, I thought it would be fun to pull a few old pictures over his years so far. If I say so myself, he's always been quite the cute kid! And I have always loved his smile! :}
What cute brothers! :}
...and then they become big brothers!
(this has to be one of my favorite pictures of the kids! :})


He's always loved adventuring in the mountains!
One thing I can vouch for is he is great with little kids!
It wouldn't be Dylan without some (OK, a lot of) silliness! :}
 This was a classic Dylan moment...when wondering where he disappeared, while shopping at Costco, this is where I found him! I'm not sure what the others thought who were walking down the aisle! :}
Here he is pretending to be a mannequin at Kohls (which was also entertaining for those walking by! :})
One thing we learned at an early age....as long as we keep this boy active, we're good! :}
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN...WE SURE ARE PROUD OF YOU!! 
WELCOME TO YOUR TEENAGE YEARS!!
(and Lord help us now!! :})

No comments: