Monday, February 13, 2012

Going Out In Style

Sadly, the year ended with another passing of a good friend's Father. I guess we're just at that stage in life now (Wow, doesn't that make me feel old?! :}). That was the 4th one, including my own Pops, in the matter of 6 months. This time it was the May Family. The May's & I go way back. I was glad I could make it to the service & be able to see so many of the family again, that I haven't seen in many years. I was glad to also see this awesome trailer that Dave built to carry his casket to the cemetary in.
Their family is very into their Harleys. Their parents did a lot of traveling on theirs, even starting up "The Temple Riders Association"
Dave built this trailer to be able to be pulled by his Dad's motorcycle
Seeing the long percession of bikes leading the was pretty awesome
And seeing their Mom on the back of it, in her church clothes & all, was classic! :}
I know all too well how hard this time is for them. May they hold on to all their happy memories & keep them close to their heart! RIP Mr. May!

No comments: