Thursday, January 20, 2011

Utah Winters

I like to say it's a Love/Hate Relationship with Utah Winters. Sure the snow is pretty, especially just after a big snowfall & then when the sun comes out. Or better yet, from your window as you're all cozied up inside! Driving in it, not so fun! (though was funner when I had my old 4x4 Blazer! :}). So here's a good example of the torture we go through living here. This was what we were getting just before New Year's. This is after I shoveled out to just open my car door! Then I had to drive to the other side of the valley in this?! Oh, these are the days I miss being a "stay at home Mom"! :}
Doug digging himself out
But, winters also bring the Holidays, when we get to put up the Christmas lights. Doug did a fabulous job, once again, in decorating the house. I also love to see the lights under the snow after a good storm like this!
Yep, I think we got a lot of snow last night!
The next day as the sun came out. This is when it looks pretty! Not so much a few days later when the muck in the air covers it all!
Our poor pine trees were sagging like the tree in the Grinch! :}
So, yea, I love Utah really...it has been my home for most of my life (with the exception of my 1st 2 years in California...so, I can still officially say I'm a California Girl by heart! :}). But, this is the time of year when I seriously contemplate why I haven't moved somewhere warmer yet!! Only 2-3 more months of this (of course, you NEVER know around here!)

No comments: