Sunday, August 28, 2011

2011 Summer Concerts

Though I was really hoping to see Michael Franti & Spearhead (who has been one of my favs this past year!), I wasn't sure it was going to work out, being that it was the week of Dad's passing. But thanks to dear friends, Kathleen & Troy, we made it & it was just what I needed after a long week of planning for the funeral. If you don't know the group, I suggest you check them out....with their fun Reggae sound, and uplifting music, they really know how to fill your soul with goodness! And they're all about helping to make this world a better place, so how could you not like him?! :} It was a beautiful night at Red Butte! The sun setting against our mountains made for a gorgeous view!
Beach balls were flying all around, which added to the fun environment.
I hadn't been to a show up there yet, it was a great setting!
OK, so I still can't  believe this happened; but, when I decided to go to the restroom, sure enough, it was when he came out to the crowd. And as I'm making my way back, I see he is standing EXACTLY where I was! There's Doug at his feet...who apparently gave him a High 5 & told him his wife loves him! :} Serious?! By the time I made it back, he had  began to move over.  
They put on a very entertaining show. He finished it up by bringing all the kids (young & older ones), on the stage to sing & dance with him. 
Next was a night up at Deer Valley for a night with my girls. This time to see Joy & Eric, a local band we were 1st introduced to at the English Beat concert earlier in the year. They also have a great sound!
Those Hot Mamas that I'm proud to call my friends! :}
It was another beautiful night on the mountainside!
These kids were having fun with the hula hoops...this little girl was going on forever. It was crazy!
The other hula-hoopers were having their own fun. 
I'll post this only because it was a happy memory & I love these girls...though I really should never take one of these pictures giving me more chins than I all ready have! :}
Once again, we were very entertained by them!
Fun Fun! :}
Hearing them play Somewhere Over The Rainbow, while the kids sat around them, was beautiful!
Thanks for the great show guys! 

1 comment:

Melissa Joy said...

I love your love of life and taking it all in!