Monday, August 22, 2011

OK, so...back to life....

Well, due to the last month of madness, I feel like I've gotten so behind on "the life & happenings of The Coleman Five". And now that I actually get a chance (due to sick girl today...sorry Boo-Boo! :(...but, she's doing much better tonight fortunately) to attempt to catch up, know it won't necessarily be in chronological order. One thing I can say about the last month is how proud I am, and will continue to be, of my beloved Leach Family! They have all stepped up in their own ways. Extra Kudos to my awesome brother, Glenn. Seriously...just so proud of him & how is is holding to his promise of making sure Mom was taken care of. He helped to clean out the storage unit Dad had & found old pictures & documents that we thought were either lost, or ruined. That means so much to all of us (though I joke, I NEVER thought the 2nd grade picture of me in a Prairie dress would be a treasure! Ha Ha :}). Thank you Dad for putting those away in a safe place! And thank you Glenn, Mom & Jenny, for taking care of the difficult task. 


Of course, I've thought of many fabulous memories the past month; but, I think one of my favorites was his 75th Birthday Party at none other, than Murray Park....our family picnic hang out! I look at those pictures & think how much better he felt, and how happy he was to be surrounded by his family. Crazy to think that was just 5 years ago! That's not that long ago! There just so happened to be fireworks that night for some event (though we told him we set it up for him! :}). Here's a few from that night. It's a simple memory; but, a traditional kind of moment we always treasured together! (and don't our kids look cute?! :})
Oh Dylan! :}
He always looked handsome in that hat! :}


It's funny how it just hits at different times, out of the blue. I was surprised I made it through that week without losing it (usually I'm an emotional wreck! :}). Then, it hits me on my way into work, or at the store....all part of the grieving process I know. I actually got to listen to a recording of the funeral today, that Glenn had put on CD. Though I knew it was inspirational, that day was still a blur & it's good to really hear what was said & again, know how proud he would have been. I just have one heck of a family! We've certainly had our trials, as a whole; but, together we represent exactly what my Mom & Dad have always installed in us: Love & Kindness. He was always so proud of us Crazy Leach's! :} 

No comments: