Monday, August 1, 2011

The Celebration of Dad's Life

We've had to come to the realization that Dad is actually gone. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, that's for sure. As hard as it's been, I've seen my family come together more than ever. Together, everyone put together a service that I know my Dad would have been very proud of. His family represented him well!
We tried to capture what he was all about in the display....... 
His Faith
His Country
 His Family 
 His Ocean
 I enjoyed going through so many pictures over the week to come up with some to build this collage for the display. And we finished it just in the nick of time (literally minutes before the viewing started! :})...with thanks to my sis, Colleen, for helping me!  
 Good to see the boys dressed up & looking sharp!
 Kaley saying her goodbyes to Gramps
 I'm sure grateful to have such a supportive family to help get through this!
 And though you wish it were another reason, the nice thing of funerals is bringing the family together. So glad Jenny & family made it after their long drive in from Kentucky!
 I sure miss my cute nieces & nephews that don't live here!
 And great to have Laurie back, after just being here in May. She soaked up all the family time she could!
 Sure love our Extended Family!
And glad to have Steve & Kerri make it in as well! 
 Good to see Bishop Foote again, he has always been there for our family!
 How nice that so many of our California Family made it too. That meant a lot to us!
 Bradon catching up with Uncle Steve (almost in height too! :})
  The cousins have enjoyed all their time together! 
Cute Lil' Alexis & Uncle Bug 
My Beautiful Sisters 
 My goofy Dyl :}
..and his goofy cousins! :} 
 My brothers
It's so hard to say Goodbye :(
 Not to single any out; but, I have to say I'm extra proud of Glenn. He's really stepped up to make sure everything is being taken care of, and has been busy making sure Mom is taken care of as well.  Thank you brother of mine...sure do 'preciate ya!!
 My Mom has been amazing through all this. We know it's hard, and will continue to be in the days ahead; but, she is focusing on all the good around her, like the quality family time, and will get through this with the help of her family. 
 We're glad she got a well deserved day of pampering before the services began. Between one sister getting her hair done, another getting her a manicure, and another taking her shopping for a new dress; she was taken care of. Of course, she deserves a lot more than that; but, she'll take what she can get! :}
"Going Home Dad....You're Going Home!" 
Being the Vet that he was, Dad received full military honors at his burial. It sure made for a beautiful send off! 
 
It was a surprise for Mom to have the Bagpipe player there. Dad loved the bagpipes! My Mom was so pleased that we thought of everything that he loved.
 The Pallbearers about to put him in his final resting place 
 
 The bugle player was also a nice addition
 This was a moment I felt so proud to be an American & know my Dad was part of our wonderful military who sacrifice so much for our freedom! Thank you soldiers....thank you Pops!
"On behalf of the President of the United States, The Marine Corps, and a Grateful Nation..."
Joshua saying Goodbye to Grandpa 
 It's still hard to believe he's actually gone :(
 All the siblings together again
The Leach Clan
Dylan has always reminded me of Uncle Steve 
 My beautiful nieces growing up on me
 The Stark Family from Modesto, CA. 
 More of the Extended Family from Dad's side. We would always meet up with Janet, and Sharon, at Uncle Bob's house over the years.
 The Leach Boys
 Glenn filling in as Sherrie's Man for the Family Photo :}
 Alexis sure loves her Uncle Glenn! But, then again, I think Uncle Glenn loves her more!! (he has claimed her as his own :})
I'm sure my nieces & nephews are the cutest ever! :}
 Enjoying Family Time at the Luncheon
 My Dad would sure love having us all together! 
The balloons we sent off to Dad at the grave site the next day, while we played his song, "Up, Up & Away" :} We all chose a different place our balloons were going to. Between San Diego, Modesto, San Francisco, Kentucky, Alabama....he was going to cover them all, and make sure the ones traveling get home safe. :}
 As hard as this has been, and I know will be in the days ahead,  our family is at peace knowing you're in a good place, and no longer in pain. Rest in Peace Pops....Goodbye......for now! 

No comments: