Monday, February 2, 2009

Giving tribute to a friend...

Today I write in sadness as we say goodbye to a dear friend, fellow Jazzercise student, Kimberly Marvin. "Cute Kim" was always how we'd describe her..."You know, cute Kim!" Kim was tragically taken away from us this past Friday. I know I can speak for the entire Jazzercise Family when I say she will be dearly missed! She was truly a sweet caring person who would light up the room every time she was there. I know people say that often when someone passes; but, it was so true with her! She was just a constant ray of sunshine, even when times where tough. She was such a beautiful girl who had this incredible smile & true sincerity in her heart every time she'd talk to you. She had so much to live for & my heart breaks for her two children who are now left without a mother.
There is a memorial fund in her name, donations can be made at any Wells Fargo bank branch. I know it's a hard time for many right now; but, I do know that her two kids are going to need all the help they can get right now. I hope people can find it in thier hearts to do what they can, if they can.

When she found us at the annual parade & had to run up for hugs

Goodbye Kim...may you rest in peace. Thanks for giving us a piece of your sunshine, one I know I will always carry in my heart! We will miss you!!!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

What a tragedy for all families. Thanks for sharing the photos and some insight on her. She's so beautiful, and it sounds like she was just as beautiful on the inside. My heart goes out to her children. What a tough age to experience the loss of their mother.

Carla said...

Shauna, you always know just what to say about someone when they have passed. You are truly a great friend!! I felt sick to my stomach as I read about her tragic passing and the senseless way she was killed. Her children will need her freinds to help her. If there is anyway that I/we can help please let me know.
Her family are in my thoughts!
:)Carla

At Last said...

Shauna you are an amazing friend. This tribute was so sweet. I am so sorry! she seemed wonderful. You are in my thoughts!

Lissa said...

Shauna,

I am so sorry to hear about this. Thanks for sharing the photos and a bit about her. She sounded wonderful. You have an amazing way with words and are the sincerest friend I know. I am sorry for your loss and her families... You are all in my thoughts.