Sunday, August 23, 2009

The "80 B-Day Party"

Once again, we celebrate friends entering thier 40's. Or in this case, 80! (OK, well that's because two were turning 40...so, seemed like a good theme :}). I'll take any excuse to get together with the old school friends again! :} So this time it was Ruby's turn, as well as thier friend, Mistie. It's funny what a small world it is. I first met Mistie at another gathering this past year, and come to find out she's long time friends with my sister, Sherrie. They worked together for many years, and share the same birthday (today by the way...Happy Birthday Girls! :}). She heard "Leach" and just had to ask if I was related. I love sharing life with long time friends, like Stacey here, who I've known since we were just 4-5. I love teasing her brother, Scott, next to her about what a bratty little brother he was who used to follow us around a lot (or were we the brats? humm...). It's great to see him too, as well as Leslie & Ruby here, of course.

Of course I will always get a good laugh in with Sandra...or any of the Mays for that matter! :}

Fun to see Nan & Sonya!

It's always good to get "Beast" & "Peachy" together again! :}

Who would have thought Ruby & Chris would end up together 21 years later?! I love it!

Glad Holly could make it too! :}

In honor of her new toy she got for her birthday...lucky girl! I like how they named the motorcyle "Sweevil", fitting for Ruby! :}

And glad Tracey & Heidi could make it once again! :}

Chris is the one who started this "face on a stick" thing, and we've had a lot of fun with them this past year! We just need to make more for all the rest of our "out of town friends"! :}

Holly, Stacey & I

Sharing the birthday fun together!
I love "Us"....we really did have a fun class of all kinds of fun & amazing people! We are definately NOT what I pictured 40 Year Olds to be....just proves you can continue being young at heart always!! :}

1 comment:

Melissa Joy said...

Love that you still have all these connections and the connections you find with the stories you share. So amazing and a reminder of reaching out to people in general.. Luv ya girl!