Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Fun

Where, or where, has this summer gone?! The kid's go back to school this Monday all ready! There's still too much fun in the sun yet to be had! So, we tried to get in a few things this past weekend. We started with golf lessons from Daddy & all hitting a round of balls. Let's just say, I've got a long way to go! But, I did hit a few for once! I've only tried to play one other time with a work outing, and I was told to quit swinging it like a softball bat (sorry, I can't help it! :}). But, guess I should learn sooner or later! And hopefully the kids can pick it up so we can do this together someday! We usually don't ask to join, since we know it's Daddy's time out; but, seemed like a fun family activity this day.
Oh, look who got a hold of the camera! Such a poser!
She can at least model like a real golfer pretty well! :}
Kaley giving Bradon a cheer for making his putt
Then it was off to the beautiful mountains of Utah for some hiking. We went down to the Alpine Loop (which is definitely a fabulous area, in case any one is looking for a good place to go) & hiked up to Stewart Cascades. I'd heard about this spot; but, never been there. Amazing how you can live in a place all your life, and yet, still have so much to see around you!
Why can't I take a "normal" picture of Dylan? Oh, I guess this is his "norm" :}
It's an easy hike, though some VERY tired & whiny little girl (I tried to get her to nap on the way!) insisted on many breaks! Aaaahh, rough it I say! (mean Mommy, I know! ;})
What a gorgeous view!
We made it! I'd have to say these are probably the nicest waterfalls that I know of in the Northern Utah area

Yea, wish this was my house! The waterfalls are in their perfect view, gotta luv it!
Though the others were just done & glad to stay up top, Dylan & I had to go down to the bottom
Again, that's my Dyl! :}
And I wonder where he gets it from?! :}
Pics a bit fuzzy after I dropped my camera on the rocks (oops!)
Oh, must summer end all ready?! I mean, we love the thrill of fall & entering football season; but, I'm not done with it!! Many more trails to discover! :}

2 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

Girl I love the family time you guys get in! The Alpine loop is one of my favorite areas! I will have to do that hike when I am capable again!

Colleen said...

You're always doing the funnest things!!