Sunday, October 11, 2009

Finally, my turn to host Bonko night this year...

I was thrilled to pick October for my Bonko this year. I love this month! There's just always so many fun things going on this time of year (like football, lots of birthdays, carnivals, etc.) Plus, you know I love the holiday decos...and Halloween is a fun one! :} I get that from my Mom & Dad. They make every holiday fun! And my Dad would always have the note on the fridge to have a Happy Day, whatever the reason! (with the smiley face of course....that is where I get it from :}).

So, I thought some homemade French Onion soup & decorative treats would be good for this time of year! Though, I have a lot of practicing to do to perfect this simple recipe! (really, I need lessons on how to cook, it's pathetic sometimes!)

And some yummy triple layer jello! We ARE the Jello Capital here in Utah after all! :} And, of course, I just had to have the prizes relate to this time of year too! (So, I'm a dork like that...I like "themes", and any excuse for a celebration! :}) Well, atleast we got one round in to pick some winners! :} (it just happens sometimes...you know, it's really all about the social hours :})The Bonko Babes!And Kaley was thrilled there was still some pumpkin cakes when they got home from their date with Daddy tonight!

And this is why it's the favorite night of the month! :}

1 comment:

Melissa Joy said...

Looks like tons of fun and those little cakes turned out sooooooooooooooooo cute! I will have to try and make some. And girl, your cooking lessons are lined up. Just let us know what and the date!