Sunday, October 11, 2009

Why exactly life REALLY IS good!!!.....

I'm sorry for being Debbie Downer on the last note. I just know, sometimes, we all hold it in too much sometimes! :) But, I was just having a moment...it happens. Just trust me, things are good & we'll be just fine....life has so many incredible things about it, that in itself can be so emotional too!! Let me remind you why my life is so good....I'll start with my most favorite reasons:

MY FAMILY ROCKS!!

Not only do I realize how lucky I am to have the man that I do; but, we've sure got some awesome kiddos too! It's sad to see families who have to split. Sometimes that's just how it had to be, I get that...we all have our own paths & journeys. But, I think of how much Doug & I have been through in the last 21 years...starting w/ NOTHING! Yea, we've come a long way so far & I'm still looking forward to the continued journey! :}


Plus...look how cute he is on the football field as "Coach Doug"!! :}And our kids...well, they are certainly entertaining at any given moment. They make me smile!!As "Banner Mom" for Bradon's team, Kaley loves to help me. It was so cute this week as she drew pictures to tape on the end. She loves the football team too & makes the best cheerleader ever! :} (well, she does inspire to be like cousin, Anjila, after all! :})My favorites here..."Granger ROOLS" & "G-Haws" :}"Well dear, the point IS to run through it after all...at least your part was saved!" :} I do have to wonder why I spend so much time on them when they just get ripped through though! :} It's so fun to share football season together as a family. We all enjoy the thrill & excitement of the game....plus, it sure is nice to share what you love, with your loved ones! :} (like this current Cowboys game going on!! Geez, they just had to make it a close one, didn't they?!). And when we get 2 boys games, and then the Utes...besides NFL; well, that's a whole lotta football, so they better like it! :}Even when it's a day that involves a rough loss; but, lessons learned! Or a FABULOUS win! And it's not just our personal family; but, our extended family too (as many of you out there reading all ready know this! :}) Plus, look at cute Grandma & Grandpa who were able to make it to their games too! (plus our softball game this week too...they are so supportive!)

MY FRIENDS ROCK!!

Fortunately, I've gotten a few fabulous opportunities recently to be with some of those friends who SO mean the world to me! As I had mentioned....sometimes they don't even know how much they may have helped someone else at any given moment. I'm going to quote Tina who recently said (and hope it's OK I quote her! :}) "There is nothing we cannot survive as a group of amazing, loving, and caring woman, who are there for each other, forever and always, no matter what!" Those are powerful, and true, words. And it's incredible to know that you have that! I think of just a few of the things we, as our small group of women, have been through: cancers/illnesses, near death experiences, miraculous childbirths, deaths, divorces, painful life lessons, etc......we have survived & no one ever gave up on the other. And this isn't in any offense to the family, because of course they are first & foremost; but, sometimes....you just need whatever support group you can take! I'll go into more detail on some of the recent outings on their own; but, let me give you a few examples of some of those dear friends.....We'll continue more about this; but, yes, LIFE IS GOOD!! :}

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sweetie, don't ever apologize for writing what you are thinking, feeling or what is going on in your life. We all have those down and stressful times and I think it helps when we share and we know others are going through the same shit! I love this post btw and the looking on the bright side. There are always things that are good in our lives and it is good that you can still see them in hard time. You are surrounded by so many people that love you. Glad you are still dancing on. :)