Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The joys of blogging

So, I know I'm getting behind again on the blogging. Besides "the happenings in our life", there is so many other random things that cross my mind that I would love to blog about. Some may be deep conversations I'm not sure we want to have. But, what it is about blogging that is so therapeutic? The same reason why it's good to keep a journal. It's a way to release, get it off your mind; a way to remind you why life is good. Everyone needs a way to sort out the thoughts in their head. And trust me, there's a lot that goes through mine. It never stops! Reasons why I am not good at relaxing & don't sleep well maybe? So, here's a few subjects that I would like to, or have thought about blogging about, without going into much detail because things do need to stay personal to a point too! :}

  • "If You Could Read My Mind".....as I just mentioned, it never stops! Really, sometimes the craziest things spin around up there. And why can't I ever just shut it off? Even my dreams are busy! Sometimes it's just funny, I can make myself laugh sometimes! :} Sometimes it's just sad & depressing. Though I joke about it, sometimes I wonder if I was just an "Undiagnosed Bipolar/ADD" case. I know I don't have reasons to be sad, I'm so blessed in many ways. But, it's how it is. It's a battle I've dealt with all my life. Anyway, I just appreciate those that do listen & care about what I have to say! :}
  • "More of the interesting people in my life"....how Facebook/Blogging has brought a new light to people who've crossed my path at one time or another. Even if it's just one thing they've said, one kind act, one virtual hug or smile sent back. I appreciate it all!
  • "What is it that has made life so tough lately?"...well, I've got a list lately. Which is all the more reason why I feel the need to write. And I know I'm not the only one lately...it seems to be the case for many. Is it the economy, is it just where some of us are in life, because I'm just getting older & I'm feelin' it...yes it's true, who knows? For once, I'm not really even excited about my birthday coming up. "Forty something" just doesn't sound as appealing! And what things are too hard to talk about for whatever reason? Is it the embarrassment factor maybe? But why? No one ever said it would be easy; but, geez....it just bites sometimes!!
  • "Why my dear friends have brought me to tears lately"...well, fortunately it's not because they've been mean in anyway. It's just the opposite. As the previous two subjects mentioned, life's been a bit rough lately & the people in my life have been there in more ways than they even know. A few of my closer friends have just said, or done, the nicest things that makes me wonder how I deserved it. I think I've always made an effort to go out of my way to help others because I felt I was the one always "being helped" while growing up. It's Karma, it's how you pay back. So, kinda sucks feeling like the charity case again (and I know you're saying I'm not...I'm just saying that's how I feel). But, Thank God they're there is all I've got say!!
  • "What exactly IS my religion?"....this is a tough one & one of those that I'm not sure we should go there because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, or offend anyone I care about. And when you're raised to believe one thing; but, disagree with some points, it's not an easy subject to talk about. Especially in a strong religious state, like Utah. Let me just say it now...I am a Christian, I believe in The Golden Rule & just doing your best to be a good person. I appreciate what I did learn at church for the basic principles of living & believing in a higher power. But, that debate I had w/ the Sunday School teacher in 8th Grade will always be a strong to me. I personally think Mother Teresa & the Popes, and the rest of the truly good people out there who have since passed, all went to a higher kingdom too, so there! And we'll leave it at that for now.
  • On a lighter note: "The funny things my kids have said/done over the years"....well, all kids can certainly be entertaining. It's crazy to think back at some of the funny, or not so funny moments over the years. And we all know I've got some great "Dylan stories" in particular. There's a reason he's got "The class clown award" every year since Kindergarten! Regardless, we should write them down. You never know when you may forget it, or need to use it for any bribery moments or something! :}

Well, there's more that ponder through my mind; but, it's a good start. Either way, I appreciate getting the chance to share & let it out, and for all those that listen out there. You never know who may be listening (or reading in this case) & how one act, or word, may change their day/outlook. I'm going to copy a saying from a friend, who just was quoting Dr. Seuss on her page..."Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." It's so very true! I am who I am, through all my faults & tribulations, and grateful I'm alive to experience the roller coaster ride along the way!

1 comment:

Bunnie said...

Writing is therapeutic isn't it? And although you want to get some things out, sometimes, writing it on your blog is the last place you want it to show up. I know this for fact.
I love reading your posts though. So thank you for continuing to share your life with us. Love you! xoxo