Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

Another birthday came around again WAY too fast! Seriously, they need to slow down! I can't keep up with this getting older crap! :} I have to admit I wasn't as excited about this one....would have been content just skipping it really; but, unfortunately that doesn't really work, ha ha! Fortunately I have some amazing loved ones who insisted I still have a fun day! I must say, one of the best things about parenthood, is the kind of love you get from your kids. Nothing beats that...it's the best gift I could ever ask for! Kaley decorated her board here with a picture of her & I having fun together. She wrapped her gift all by herself & was so excited for me to open it! 
This gift included her school projects, that she wanted to give to me. Of which she made me the folder here to put it in. Too cute!
This was the story she made talking about flowers.
Peace & Love, and Happy Smiley Faces...what else could you ask for?! :}
Her paper doll was another project she included that talked about how she loved to help Mom clean (Ha Ha...yes, unless it's her room we are talking about! :})
"Thanks Kay Kay...you're the BEST!!" :} 
We then had date night with some friends at Joe's Crabshack, followed by some dancing at the club. That really is a fun little place, we were entertained for sure!  
 Thanks for joining us Tina & Dennis! (and Deanna & Dick...sorry, I was off camera duty myself, otherwise, I would have gotten a pic of you too! :}) 
They certainly know how to have a little fun with you on your birthday there!
 Good thing I'm not shy!
"Shake It, Shake It, Shake It"

Another awesome part of my day had to do with all the love I felt overall....truly the best gift you could ask for! Between Facebook (have I told you how much I love Facebook & all the reconnections lately?!), emails, cards in the mail, phone messages, & gifts. I was truly amazed by all the people who took that moment of thier time to give me well wishes, it really meant a lot to me! Not to be like "Oh, look at me with all my friends"...it's not that. But, to literally have over 200 messages really makes me feel blessed! Especially when it's been a pretty depressing year over all, to be honest...it always helps to be reminded that there are people out there who love & care for you!! And to come all the way from Australia, and from the East to West Coast, and all over the country; to friends I have reunited with again that I never thought I may see again; to the fun people I work with...just incredibly awesome! I realize it's easier these days with technology to get out a quick wish (verses the effort of buying & sending a card); but, sill means a lot regardless of the ease of it or not.

OK, it was a fun birthday after all. There was no need to be a sour puss & try to ignore it! Thanks to ALL of you out there who made it a special day! :}

No comments: