Thursday, November 6, 2008

10-0 BABY!!!!

Oh wow...what a game tonight!! It was "The Blackout" night where our guys wore thier new black uniforms (which looked great)...the fans were to wear thier black. It was strange actually to look out & see all that black verses red. But, cool & fun to mix it up (though Doug was nervous that was going to mess the streak up!). It was a very important game with being two top ranked teams, both undeafeted in thier conference. This all with a possible BSC Bowl up at stake...yea, it was important all right! It was the 2nd largest crowd in thier history with over 45,000 people..and oh was the energy awesome! I'm still in awe of that ending! OK, let's be honest, it wasn't such a great game until the last few minutes. I mean it was really...a nail biter the whole game, always within a touchdown; but, we never had the lead the whole game until the very end. Why is it our Utes like to do that? And for TCU to miss 2 fieldgoals in a row, we didn't think that could happen! Either way, it was not helping my anxiety & blood pressure levels!! :} But, wow...to FINALLY take the lead with only 47 seconds left in the game was just incredibly awesome! The crowd went insane!! So amongst the other thousands, Doug & Bradon decided they too, would run down on the field. I stayed back to hold all our stuff; but, now wishing I did too. They got to meet some of the players....Bradon even got his picture with Bradon Godfrey (he liked they had the same name :})...(will add those pics later since I'm still waiting on them). So....2 more games left in the season. Very much looking forward to that final game against BYU!! :}
The Blackout
Bradon just had to miss practice for this one tonight!
Our buddies that sit behind us
And the crowd charges the field...they were going nuts!!
Bradon & Daddy just had to do it too!

3 comments:

Carla said...

McCall and her soccer team earned some money and cleaned a section of the stadium last night. We got there as the game ended and the crowd rushed the field. AWESOME!! What a great game...I thought we had lost it...until the end and what a great finish.

Let's kick BYU's ASS!
GO UTES!
:)Carla

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

I am still on a high today from last nights game. I can't imagine being there live last night, especially during that last minute. And to go down on the field must have been amazing. I'm so happy for Bradon that he got to get his picture taken with Bradon Godfrey. I'm excited to see it. And I loved the black uniforms! Black & Red mix-up is a good fit. I felt so bad for that TCU freshman that missed the 2 field goals on ntnl tv, but hey, it was meant to be that the UTES won. I love these games that leave you on the edge of your seat in the final seconds. I can hardly wait to see what happens in these next two games. GO UTES!!

-
p.s. I had to delete that last comment after I noticed a big typo right when I hit enter. oops!