Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day at Our House

It was finally our turn to take on Thanksgiving Dinner...it's been a while! Not that we don't enjoy entertaining, we do really. But, my sister Cathy is always so gracious to offer & can fit our big family in thier home. Or Grandma usually insists "While she's still here" as she always says. It just happened to be the year they were both doing something else & I then realized it was way past our turn! As much as we enjoy seeing the whole family, we understand it's always a little different each year when there are other families involved too. We can't expect to be with all of them all of the time. It's how it is. Though, don't get me wrong, we did certainly miss the others! So this year it was just a small gathering of 13 (compared to the average 20-30). It was a very nice day & we managed not to burn the turkey, or the house down. Thanksgiving always makes you stop & think what you are truly grateful for, which is something we really should do every day I know. We can not say enough how grateful we are for our family & friends, for having these amazing relationships in our lives. So...thank you family & friends, we love you!! :}

Every Thanksgiving we get our family picture for the annual Christmas card. It usually takes a few shots to get a good one, which there's always a goofy one of our family clown!
We are also very grateful to have our Dad here with us, back to the road of better health! He gave us a little scare last week; but, has been fortunate to have an awesome medical team at the VA Hospital behind him & taking great care of him!
We were glad to have cousin, Phillip, join us too!
Love my Pop!
What beautiful girls! :}
Brittani, my other beautiful niece..the proud mama, it suits her well!
We can't get enough of cute little Haiden!
He was enjoying the music & started to dance
Which got the girls dancing with him too!
We timed it well, done with dinner by halftime of the Cowboys game. It was a nice fall day, we went out to throw the football around. Though I believe this is when Bradon realized that maybe he ate too much! And Kaley was anxious to ride her new bike (and look...no training wheels! She finally was ready for them to come off this week...yea!!) Meanwhile Haiden was inside keeping everyone entertained with his latest tricks...like clapping
Anj just chillin'
They're always silly together. This was them teasing thier mom a little, all in good fun!
Nothing like the sound of laughter filling your home!
Aunt Sherrie playing puppets
Oh, they love Aunt Sherrie!
Doug finally getting to relax
It was so nice having time to kick back & enjoy each other's company!
This is exactly how the rest of us felt after that big dinner!
Time for pie!
Taking advantage of Bradon actually willing to lay on the couch with me (he is almost a teenager now after all!)
Dyl sure has a cute little face! :}
How lucky we are to have such a wonderful family & support group. For that we will be forever grateful!

3 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! I wish I could have been there. It's been so long!! It sounds like the perfect day!

Carla said...

We have dinner at our house every year. It is so much fun, but so much work. It looks like you guys had a blast!! I don't think I got one photo of our family. OOPS! (Guess I was too busy cooking/cleaning and visiting.) HE!

I love your family photo and can't wait to display it in our house next year. ;)

Happy holidays!
XOXOX
Carla

Colleen said...

I love the new family photo! It looks like everyone had a fun time, I'm bummed I had to miss it. I love all the pictures! I am so grateful for all my family, and what a cute family we have! Love you Sis!
-
P.S. Thanks for all the delicious food sent home with Britt, it was delicious!