Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Baby Turns 6!

As I mentioned, it was also Kaley's Birthday this weekend. How fast the time flies!! I'll never forget the day she was born...I was determined to be more prepared this time around (as if you're ever really prepared for a new baby! :}). Since I went early with the boys, I planned to go out on leave early too so I was ready to go. I was not going to leave work just hangin' for others to do like before (again, as if I even knew that would be the case before...you don't exactly plan to go early!). It was a smoother pregnancy (which I contribute much of that to Jazzercise)...I felt pretty good, I only had 1 more day before I went on leave. But, sure enough, I had her the next morning. I didn't get that last day in, so it didn't go exactly as planned (I know, I know!). She was only 3 weeks early, so it wasn't quite the concern as the others. But no problems & her personality was evident right from the get go. We laugh about her constant thumb sucking (which I believe she has finally kicked the habit!!)...she was sucking her thumb in the ultrasound, and then sure enough she comes out with one hand on the umbillical cord, and the other with her thumb in her mouth (kind of like a little monkey! :}). No tears, just as content as could be! Mom actually got to be there this time, which I know she was thrilled to witness. The boys were excited to have thier sister (as mentioned on a previous blog, Bradon had begged for a sister for a good two years, so he was more than anxious to get her home!)...she was truly our little angel!

Her birthday celebrations lasted all weekend. It started with her class party on Friday, and she wore that hat all weekend! On Saturday, Grandma came to be with her at the football game. We then we had our own family time to open her presents after that.

She was just whining about her old bike being broken just this morning. So she was very excited to get her new Bratz bike (which hopefully we can take the training wheels off soon, we're just not quite there yet!)

We let her best friend, Bailey, go with us to Boondocks (it's her birthday this week too!)...and she got to sleep over We then had her official party yesterday by taking her & her friends to the new Madagascar movie..which was very cute! We came back after to do presents & cake & ice cream.
How fast they grow!

5 comments:

Carla said...

How fun! They grow up so fast!! My birthday is this month and all I got was a new basement. HA HA HA!! (Isn't it funny what changes?)

Looks like she made out like a bandit!
Happy Birthday Kaley!
:)Carla and family

At Last said...

I love the pic of your mom and kaley and the one where she has that so cute surprised look. Your kids are sooo darn cute. It looks like there was a lot of fun had. I love seeing how your family is.

Jen said...

How fast time goes!! She is so beautiful!! It looks like she had a fun time. I'm curious how you got the thumb sucking to stop? She really is so beautiful, and I know how much she is adored and loved by our family!

Colleen said...

Now that's the way to celebrate a birthday, all weekend long! I love the pictures, what a sweetheart. Happy Happy Birthday Kaley, we sure love you lots!!

Kim said...

She is such a cute little (well not so little) girl. Those cute pictures show her personality that seems to be a lot like yours!