Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Festivities

Christmas itself was another fun filled day (and how can it not with little kids?!). We had some family over for dinner on Christmas Eve since many of us had other committments Christmas Day. Which was kind of strange not doing the usual meeting at Grandma's house; but, since she was out of town this year, plans changed. It was a nice way to start the holiday! We enjoyed the smoked ham that our friend, Bernie, gave us (he's a pro at that!)...sooo tasty! And with everyone's addition to the meal, we ate well for sure!
There of course were some silly moments, as there always is when we get together!
Once again, Kaley & Dylan had to give us a little dance performance (which made me laugh actually...not quite the same Christmas Program of re-enacting the manger scene, like I remember when I was little. Instead it was Flo Rida, Sean Kingston's & Alvin & The Chipmonks hip hop songs in the background)
Little Jazzlin dancing along with Pooh BearI wish the others could have been there too; but, glad to get whatever family we can together whenever possible!
Mom & Dad
Sharing just a few of our favorite gifts...(not to single any out...of course we love them all! :})

Glenn had my name this year. I have a thing for angels & lighthouses, so these crystals were a beautiful addition to the living room, especially with the lighted stand that turns! It's awesome to look at with all the other lights off especially!
The figurine of the 3 girls ("Forever In Blue Jeans"), was given to Monica & I by our good friend, Connie. I love how it represents us 3...we do have a special bond so it means a lot to me!
This just makes me laugh. It's that Leach sense of humor!
Yea...I finally got a laptop! I was really surprised, I had no idea! (which as most of you may know, as you get older & married a while, actual surprises don't happen as often :})
Doug's big gift was getting to go to the Sugar Bowl, which was an incredible memory for him! We had to get some gear to go along with it. Here's his shirt showing our fabulous season!
Kaley loves her Bratz! This was a "Yes, Santa listened!" moment!
Dylan scored with a new bike & a chair perfect for his gaming moments!
This was the best surprise...when Bradon finally realized, along with the Sugar Bowl shirt/hat, that there was a ticket to go to the game too. He was shocked! We were so excited to pull that off...he was begging, even offered to give up 3 Christmases for that! :}
A few other precious moments of the day....
Poor little Toby had to put up with the reindeer ears that Kaley got for him

We hope you all had a wonderful holiday yourselves!!

2 comments:

Carla said...

You always have so many fun things going on and I am jealous of all the fun you have. (Can I be your friend too?) ;) Your Christmas looked so fun and I am glad the boys got to go to the Sugar Bowl. What a awesome experience. (GO UTES!!!)

I love your blog and keeping up with your family life. You are such a cute mom (I love your new hair style too) and do so many great activites!

Keep up the great job!
:)Carla

Colleen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. That pillow is funny. What an awesome surprise for Bradon! Taylor scored the same game chair as Dylan, he loves it. And wow, a new laptop, awesome. That's something I hope to get this year. The kids are so cute, glad you had such a nice Christmas. Love you sis!