Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Fun

Despite hating the cold part of snow, you have to enjoy it, at least a little bit, if you're going to live in Utah! We've been getting slammed with it in recent days, which made for a truly beautiful White Christmas (we were snowed in that day...so it was good we actually weren't going anywhere for once!). We still plan to have a sledding day soon, maybe this weekend even. It would be nice to take up skiing again too, it's been a while. I just haven't gotten new skis again since the last time I went & managed to break my ski in half (so then I had to slide my butt down the hill until the snowmobile guys finally came to rescue me :}). I was thinking about taking up cross country skiing again, which is a fond memory of growing up with my Great Uncle Bob. Guess I should just do it instead of talking about it! Yea, I'll just fit that in my schedule, no problem! Anyway, for now I'll be content with our attempt at a snowman & a few snowball fights with the kids, or better yet, looking at the pretty snow from inside my home while cuddled in a nice warm blanky! :}OK, really...the snow was so powdery it wouldn't stick. This was the best we could do with a bucket & a water bottle to help it stick. Unfortunately, Mr. Snowman (or Marley, as Kaley named him) has now passed all ready. The hot flashes got the best of him! :}"So Dylan...why did you roll the window down again?" Could this have been an explanation of how I managed to get a good layer of frost on my windows INSIDE my car that weekend?! That was certainly an odd thing to find...ever had to scrape your windows inside your car?! An attempt to get our house with the lights during the snowfall (you think I would have then realized the other ones were off then :})

So, snow...great to have ya, it's been nice & made for a great Christmas! Kinda done with you now though...can you leave, please? I need to thaw out!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That's a cute pix of Kaley. That cracks me up about frost on the inside of your car. Dylans such a funny kid!