Monday, January 12, 2009

Utes take charge in The Sugar Bowl!!

I know you've all ready heard my spiel, and know we are Utes Fanatics. If you don't...where have you been?!! :} We were very excited to get the chance to play in such a big game (since they don't seem to recognize the Mountain West as a very powerful conference). But, let's be honest, not too many people really thought we could pull off the win (the polls only had Utah at 10%...so not exactly high probabilities there!). I was just hoping for a good game & strong hopes that maybe, just maybe, we could actually win. Not that I'm not a believer of our team...it's just Alabama is known to be a really good team! So, it was nice to see us start off with a bang! Seriously, I think they don't know what hit them! We played our best game ever...just dominated the game from the beginning & shut them down with the final score of 31-17. I was so glad that Doug & Bradon, along with Dad & Mike, actually got to be there to witness it in person...how fun & exciting for them!! It's a memory I know they will never forget! But, for those of us stuck at home, we also made it a fun evening of watching it with some of our other fellow Ute Friends. We had a "New Orleans" themed buffet (lots of good spicy foods for some). I think the whole state (at least most of us) were cheering them on, even if they weren't Utes fans. I loved Kaley's classic comment to Doug when he got home explaining "The adults were TOO loud & they gave me a headache with all their screaming!" Ha...finally, parents get a little payback! :} The final polls came out today ranking the Utes at #2, which we'll certainly take! Granted I, and many others, think we should be #1 being that we were the ONLY college team with a perfect record; but, when all the BCS mumbo jumbo comes into play, doesn't quite work out that way. Regardless, our best season ever & glad that we got to watch our team do their thing this year!!


The boys catching a bit of the New Orleans scenery when they got there
The infamous Cafe Du Monde where they had to get their coffee & beignets
So nice that Mike could drive over from Florida & join them too!
"Whoo Hoo, we're actually here!"
The band rallying up the crowd before the game
Here we go...let history begin!
Doug catching the Utes fans from where he was at
Seeing Anj in action! (and how fun for her to actually be on that field for that game!!)
Our team!
That's right! The final score is...
Let the celebrations begin!
Meanwhile, back in Utah....
Dylan high fiving everyone after another great play!
"DUDE...THEY JUST SCORED AGAIN!" (I love that look he's giving me! :})

THANKS UTES FOR GIVING US A FANTABULOUS SEASON OF FOOTBALL!!!

2 comments:

Carla said...

We feel the exact same way as you! Awesome game. I was sad Jeff and I could not go (due to our basment remodel costs) but we still screamed and shouted.

GO UTAH!! Congrats!
:)Carla

Colleen said...

Best game ever! They certainly exceeded my expectations right from the get go. It was such a fun game to watch. I'm so glad that the boys, and Anj, were able to be there live, especially with the way it turned out. What a memory of a lifetime for them!