Friday, May 22, 2009

And this year's American Idol is.....

KRIS ALLEN!!
Just being honest, I was very surprised! Not to say he isn't good...of course he is, or he wouldn't have been there! But, he just kind of quietly snook up each week. Adam Lambert, the runner up, seemeds to have it in the bag. Sure he was extreme, and too much so for many; but, he just seemed to all ready be there & on a different level. His years of theatrical performing was paying off, he knew how to keep you entertained! But, how do you compare singers/entertainers? They all bring thier own thing. Especially in a show like this. How to you compare apples to oranges? Is any one style of music better than another? No, not if you ask me. Regardless, they had some great talent this year & each week kept me entertained (except those weeks that my kids cancelled my recording! Dang kids! :})
The anticipation was killing me! (especially since I had to watch it 2 hours later! :})
I believe he was as shocked as many of us were!He honorably gave credit to Adam who he said was the Idol himself!
The Top 13 Finalists doing thier thing
It was so fun this season to have a home town favorite. Even better, it was our friend's (Jill from Jazzercise) daughter, Megan. Really...how cute is she?! Kaley asked the other day if she can ever meet her. She loves her! I'm assuming she'll be pretty busy for a while; but, I'm sure some day! :} And Dylan...well, as an observant 11 year old, he loves her too. Because "She's HOOOOTTTTT!" :} Again, just going to be honest here & giving my own personal opinion. Call it the rocker in me, whatever. But, who really gave us the best performance of the night? Who kept me thoroughly entertained & has had me watch it over a few times all ready? Adam...he rocks! Now add Adam with KISS (Serious? Who would have EVER thought you'd see KISS on American Idol?!)...WOW, that was awesome! I realize some people aren't into that, I understand. But, it's all about an entertaining show, right? Adam's got it going on for sure! Despite not winning the big title....he's still going to go very far I'm sure! And since I am a musical expert (ha ha).....that is a fact! :}
There were so many other great performances during the night. Really, it was such a fun show to watch! All kinds of Legends came on the stage, like......
Queen
Rod Stewart
Even Steve Martin (I didn't even know he had a band & a CD out!)
Kris singing along with Keith Urban
I loved the performance with Allison & Cyndi Lauper, it was a beautiful rendition of "True Colors"Danny singing w/ Lionel Richee
You've also got to love Jason Mraz!
And Santana....oh heck yea! There is no one who plays like Carlos Santana!!
One of my favorite singers this year, last year's winner, David Cook. He gave us an amazing performance of a song called "Permanent", in honor of his brother who just passed away from cancer recently.

Another great season has come to an end. Kudo's to the producers of American Idol for making it a very entertaining one at that! Congratulations to Kris!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That was truly a shocker!! Chris is very talented and quite cute..I love his smile!, but Adam really was in a class of his own. TC and Taylor both couldn't stand Adam, but I thought he was incredible. Even if you didn't like his style of music, he was so entertaining to watch perform. Either way, like you said, he'll still go far. He's already got quite the fan base, Like Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, and others who didn't win on past years. I can't believe I missed both of the finale shows..gone to bball games. If you still have it on DVR, please save it for me. It looks like it was a great show!