Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Takin' It Easy" with the Eagles

The Legendary Eagles: Don Henley, Glenn Frey & Joe Walsh You know that life list you have (and I hope you all have one! :})...how often do you check things off? Atleast once a year? Well, I just believe you should take a look. It can be simple things, big dreams, things you want to learn, whatever. Just know how good it feels when you get to check one off! So, why do I say that? Well, something as simple as seeing the Eagles live in concert has been on mine for probably 25 years or so. I did have the chance years ago & just couldn't do it at the time. I promised if I ever got the chance again, I wouldn't miss it no matter what! There's something about seeing legends in person! We've been to a lot of great concerts over the years; but, that had to be one of the best ever. They were AMAZING!! (and whoever the idiot was who gave them a bad review in the paper, he apparently wasn't paying attention!) I think most people can sign along to at least one Eagles song (I know you are in your head now, aren't you?). And you've got to love sing-alongs (even when you can't really sing like me :}). I'm surprised I still had a voice the next morning really! And it was the first concert at our new soccer field, Rio Tinto Stadium, which made for a great set up to an outside concert! And, as a bonus, we just happened to run into old friends, Christina (Hyte) & Jim Tallitsch. It's been a long time. I played softball with Chris since the beginning. It was great to see them! What a fun night that was!!
We got to share the experience with long time friends, Mellisa & Lori, and friends
Without a doubt, they've still got it!
Taking a trip to "Hotel California"

SEEING THE ONE & ONLY EAGLES IN CONCERT....CHECK!! :}

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That sounds awesome. I love the Eagles! I love the life list idea, I should really get one going. Glad you had such a good time!