Sunday, January 3, 2010

Finishing up the 2009 Football Season

Part of me is relieved when football season ends...just for the sake of the busy schedule and time to make banners each week (because I couldn't ever keep it simple :}), and the missing spouse! :}; but, it sure is fun too & hard not to miss it either! Bradon's team continued to play strong, finishing the regular season at 7-2. He has really stepped up as Quarterback, and has amazed us with this arm! He's got it in him for sure! I know I sound like "one of those parents"..."Oh, look at my child!" But, really, I'm not kidding. He heard that from a lot of people. Who knows, maybe he will play for the Utes someday like he says he will! (don't worry, I'll make sure you get your autographs! :}) It really made me proud to watch my boys, including Doug, out there on the field! :} Dylan's team really picked it up too, and made it to the playoffs by hair. They were so thrilled, it was cute (I mean, "cool"...football boys can't be "so cute", right? :}). I'm so glad I was there to watch him make his first touchdown! He was SO excited, running back down the sidelines saying "Did you see that?!" (about 5 times I might add!). He loved using his energy to keep the team pumped up, and helping with the team chants! Oh I love our Dyl-Pickle!
Kaley always kept herself entertained as well, when she wasn't busy playing cheerleader! :}
We really enjoyed having friends & family come watch at different times, and we know that meant a lot to the boys too!
They even put Dennis to work...I think he enjoyed it though! :}
Bradon's team got to play in the "Border Wars" which included games at my old school, Cottonwood (Go Colts! :})...(no pics there thanks to my camera breaking :( ) and at Rio Tinto Stadium. That was a thrill for them to be play under the lights, especially on the big field! (and even better that it's the home of the recently crowned 2009 MLS Cup Champions...Go Utah!!)
They end the season with the Annual Banquets (unfortunately both the same night, so I missed most of Dylan's), which is a fun way to give some recognition to the boys and all their hard work.
Doug had fun making up the awards & thinking of a "Title" for each player. He did a great job at presenting them too! :}
You can never have enough food with a bunch of teenage boys!
GREAT JOB COACHES!

No comments: