Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mom & Dad hit Vegas!

It's rare that Doug & I get the chance to have much time for ourselves with our crazy busy lives, especially going out of town together. So, when he had a convention in Vegas, it seemed like a prime opportunity to join along! This was with much thanks to family & friends who took over the parental duties of the week. Lucky us for having them be so wiling to help us out! I wasn't even sure it would work until the day before when it came together (and may not have, had I known Kaley was actually going to get the dreaded Swine Flu while we were gone either!). Though Doug was busy in meetings all day, I let that be the opportunity for me to catch up on my rest. I know not every one's ideal of their time in Vegas; but, that is just what the Dr. ordered! (especially since I was fighting bronchitis at the time..and sad I actually have to go out of town to do this! :}) If you know me, you know I don't just relax too much. So, to actually wake up around 11, and just read & do my nails, take the day as it goes with no specific plan...that was a treat! And getting time with Doug all to myself was also very nice! :}
Inside our hotel at The Rio

Doug's favorite part there had to be the cool shop inside Vince Niel's Ink...which included these killer motorcycles! Of course the VooDoo Lounge (and view from it) wasn't so bad either! :}And how fun that I also got to see old friend, Julie Clemens, who lives down there now. As a busy Mom of 4, I wasn't sure she could fit it in. But, fortunately it worked..and was so fun to see her again! Three things to know about Julie...1) The girl can sing! (she has done a number of National Anthems at different events, for example) , 2) She is an amazing mom!, and 3) She is absolutely hilarious & can make me smile on any given day! (one more reason I LOVE Facebook & blogs! :}). We played softball with her & her husband, Kregg, and Father, Dave. Really just a cute & fun family! Mom always looked forward to getting to talk with her Mom during the games. And the small world that it is, she even lived in my Aunt's Julie's Ward for a bit, while they lived in Mesquite (before heading to Vegas). It was so sweet of her to make the time & come find me like she did! (Thanks Julz if you read this! :})

Doug & I had fun at "The I Bar" where you can play games & order drinks right there on your cool touch screen table

I got to attend the Awards Presentation with him. Not too often I get to see my handsome man in a suit! :}
Thanks again Tracy, Glenn & Colleen for playing parents for us, so we could have this time together! We sure do appreciate it! :}

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a great time! You look so great in the pictures. I'm glad it worked out for you - it sounds and looks like you had a fun time. Love you - Jen

Julz said...

You are the SWEETEST person EVER!!!! Talk about makin' a girls day!! :) You aren't so bad yourself!! Can't wait until you come out again!