Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mexico Adventure: Chapter 10-Puerta Vallarta

Like I mentioned previously, some of us got to extend our vacation an extra 2 days, and get to enjoy the sights and thrill of Puerta Vallarta. I'll put this in 2 chapters, as the thrill ride deserves it's own blog post. But, we were thrilled to get to see some more of Mexico that we hadn't got a chance to experience yet. This really is a cool town, full of beautiful architecture, a fun night life, and of course, fabulous beaches & scenery!
First things first, we needed some food & drinks to get the night going, and get us out of the slump we just hit with the news!
We were right to the beach once we got food in us!
And of course there was a lot of bargaining going on, while at the beach (Welcome to Mexico! :})
And hey, look who was at our hotel...Spongebob Squarepants! :}
I loved all the art & sculptures around the city!
And, of course, the scenery in itself was stunning, and so peaceful!
Disney's Pirate Ship (which scared the crap out of me when they let the cannon go off! Hence the moment a wave hit my camera! :})
The only downfall to tropical places is some of the creatures that come your way. I was so bummed to lose a lot of my pictures, as my camera got hit by a wave & wasn't working too well (oops :}). I had a good shot of the Iguana taking a casual stroll on our hotel property, or many of them all over the golf course. This little guy (and trust me, not really so little) decided to try & nest in my hair one night. I freaked, did a little "shoo away dance", followed by turfing it on the wet patio after a major rain fall. Mind you, I had a broken thumb by this time too, so all I could think of was "Don't hit the thumb!". (yea, came home w/ a few bumps & bruises; but, that's me! :}) And let me tell you about those rain falls....they were more like tropical thunderstorms. I had never heard lightening as loud, or felt like it was so close. Of course, it didn't stop us from getting out to tour the town.
Shopping time, despite the storm at hand! Good thing Mama Jules got some umbrella's from the hotel valets! :}
Of course, there had to be a pit stop or two during all that shopping! Thirsty anyone? :}
Fun time being had by all! :}

No comments: