Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mexico Adventure: Chapter 4-Our Fabulous Boating Exursion

I love this picture...it kind of just says it all! The girls out there, enjoying the scenery, fresh air & breeze through their hair. It reminds me of those old time pictures of the little girls all holding hands as they walk away.
But, let's start at the beginning. Part of the Mexican Adventure included a boat ride out on the ocean. It was split into two since we all couldn't fit on the boat (so if you didn't go boating that day, you were shopping in town). No offense to the other half; but, I know we were the funner ones! :} And what a fun day it was indeed!! Here's the girls getting on while I go find me a new pair of sunglasses (helps to not leave mine at home, or lose Tel's extra pair in the wave that caught me the day before).
Waiting patiently....
"I'm coming, I'm coming! Hey, I couldn't be out all day without sunglasses!" :}
Yes Tracy, you can pretend to drive the boat! :}
We were in such awe of all the beautiful homes we were passing!
Hey wait, that's our house! :}

And of course, just the beauty of the surroundings themselves, was breathtaking in itself!

As Sheryl Crow would sing, "I Wanna Soak Up The Sun!" :}
We have to tease Tracy a little for catching her lying down again! (which tends to happen a lot of places we go, after a lot of activity :}). Moving objects are not really her friend! (hey Trace, I luv ya you know! :})
Oh wait, is she up & coming up to the bow?! :}
So, our cute little boat guides, Ricardo & Cesar, let us do some fishing with them. This is a 1st for me. I'm all about eating seafood; but, catching it is a whole different story. I'm not a fan of any creature that is slippery & slimy! :} But, had to do it too! Jules went first. I just love her excitement, she was like a little kid on Christmas the whole trip! And hey, check it out...way to go Jules! (see, don't you love that cute smile?! :})Suz was next...
Then it was my turn. I really was excited & attempted to touch it; but, as you can see by my facial expression, the fish won! :}
And that's when Cesar had to take over again! :}
Go Lisa!Daniella got her turn in too
And then we got to go again since we had so much fun the 1st time! :}
(Braves Jules even helped put the little guy back in :})
Cesar trying to see who wanted to throw this one back. Again, not touching it, thanks! :}
Then we stopped to play in the water & do some snorkeling, which was another first for me. Though you couldn't see much here, I was proud of myself for at least trying. It's not that I don't love the ocean, and beautiful fish; but, the thought of knowing what is crawling around my feet has been a huge fear of mine. Like water skiing....just get me back on the boat, after I fall, as soon as possible! It was cool though & glad I overcame it!! Baby steps at least! :}
Turtle Rock
Some cool looking fish swimming by
These guys were very sweet & took good care of us (like making sure if we needed anything along the way, or if they could grab anything for us so we didn't have to move from our spot...yea, again, something we are not exactly used to! No offense to our husbands; but.....c'mon, what girl doesn't like a little pampering?! :}) They probably thought we were just some crazy American Women; but, I know they enjoyed us too! :}

How's that for catching the wave, as it hit the rocks, at just the right moment?
Viewing more of Manzanillo
Daniella shared a personal, and very touching moment, along this trip. Her grandmother, who she was very close to, had just passed away not long before the trip to Mexico (and why she had just gotten back from New York right before). So, she honored Grams by spreading her ashes in some of her favorite places. And what better place to finish; but, the incredible ocean?
Our adventure had to come to an end this day. Another fabulous entry in the book of amazing moments with my friends! In all Jules excitement of just being there, she had to thank them one more time before we left! :}
Oh, fun fun fun!! :}

No comments: