Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Family Get Away Weekend

I sit here right now looking over a table of family members, while they play a game of Hit The Table (a Tate Family tradition...Grandma loves this game), listening to the sound of laughter (along with the Jazz game in the background of course). What a great sound that is! I'm looking at Dad, watching over his family with a big grin, how proud he is of us. We have rented a cabin up here in the mountains east of Park City to celebrate Mom & Dad's 50th Anniversary. What beautiful country it is here! Especially since we've had a lot of snowfall this week (though I'm a little sick of it in the valley, it sure is pretty up here!) And Laurie & the girls were certainly excited to see snow! (which the girls never have seen before). And they certainly have plenty to see, the back porch is up past the roof! We will actually have almost the whole family here at once (just minus Steve & Kerri who couldn't come this week; but, we did get to see a couple weeks ago...more on that to come). It's been a long time since we've all been together at once! It's just hard with a big family, and with others living out of town. So how neat we finally got a chance to be together like this! I love my family...they just rock! Just the funnest & nicest people I know! I mean, not to bragg & all; but, really...I lucked out in that area! :} There will be lots of pictures to come (of course...we just got here this evening & I all ready have a lot :}); but, I just wanted to share the moment for now. Here's to a much needed break & quality family time!! :}

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That was so much fun to be together. Lots of laughs (adults and kids!) Glad it all worked out the way it did!