Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Dyl-Pickle!

Our little Dylan has made it to 11 years old all ready! With having such a memorable birth, it's hard to believe that it's all ready been that long! Let's be honest, we love our Dylan; but, we're a little scared of him becoming a teenager! So, we'll hang on to the last couple of years of "childhood" that we can! What he wanted most was to go to his 1st official concert of one of his favorite bands, "Fall Out Boy" (we can't count that rock concert he got to see as a child when we got free tickets...he had no idea who Dio or Deep Purple was! :}). He's very in to his music these days...and well, you know I can't fight that! I think everyone should appreciate all kinds of great music! So, we got to make it a Mom & Son evening, which I loved! As much of a stinker as he can be sometimes, he sure is a cutie too & has been very loving to me lately. I've got to soak that in while I can! :} And since I am also a fan of Fall Out Boy, worked out well for me too! :} The show was at our local historical sight, Saltair, which is right on the salt flats of the Great Salt Lake. And the best part...and I quote, "I'm not such a bad mom after all!". That's all I can ask! :}

ROCK ON!! :}

One of the opening bands, another band we enjoy listening to together, "Metro Station"
We also were introduced to another opening band, "All Time Low". They've got a good sound themselves. And they are soon becoming another favorite to Dyl, as you'll understand why in a moment!
Then it was time for Fall Out Boy to entertain us! They started in suits with a whole "comic to the corporate world theme", which I certainly get. Been there, done that!
Having an awesome time!
So, as I was talking about "All Time Low", they happened to be hanging out in the back after the show. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Dylan got to meet them, which he thought was just the coolest thing!
Jack Barakat here was kind enough to take pics & sign his shirt. He was thrilled!
Happy Birthday Dylan...we hope you enjoyed your gift! :} (I know I did! :})

2 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

Happy birthday to Dylan yesterday! What a great present and even better that you got to share it with him! How cool he got to meet the band!!!

Colleen said...

You rock..what an awesome Mom! Little Dyl is growing up so fast..I just love that boy! How fun that you got to meet some band members, what a great memory for him!