Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy 93rd Birthday Grandma!!


I realize this is debatable, some of you THINK you have the cutest Grandma; but, I'm pretty sure we win there! Grandma Tate turned 93 this week! Though she has had some recent medical issues, and had her stay in the hospital/care facility recently, overall I say she's doing pretty good for 93! Which speaking of, gave me some good quality time with her as we took turns staying with her during that time. I had to laugh at the comment she made while having dinner with her at the nursing home..."These people are so old here!" (as if she's not :}). Her mind is very sharp, she has a great memory! I would say that's credit to her loving to play games, especially card games, and reading. She keeps her brain active! We have to laugh at what a worry wart she is though when it comes to having her makeup (or "having her eyebrows on") & hair done, always wanting to look perfect. What she doesn't realize is we all ready think she's beautiful & perfect, as Kaley had to remind her while visiting in the hospital. Silly Grandma! We love our time with her & are happy for every day we get! We're so glad our kids have gotten to know their Great-Grandma. She's even a Great-Great-Grandma now with Haiden here...now that's something you don't see a lot of!


I love you Grams!
And so does Kaley!
And the rest of them do too of course!
Meanwhile, there's Daddy & his girl. Just too cute not to capture! :}
Happy Birthday Grandma....here's to more ahead!!

4 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

Happy birthday to your Grandma! That is awesome! What a big birthday!!!

At Last said...

Your grandma is adorable:) wow to being 93!! I love that she has to have her makeup. My grandma is the same way. She alwyas says I need to put my eyebrows on before she goes anywhere...it is so cute. You just have a wonderful family!

Colleen said...

Isn't she the cutest!! I love your pictures. 93 and still going strong!

Julz said...

Those pics are adorable!! Your family is getting so big- and your grandma looks so great!!