Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Celebrate turning 80!

I'm sure you've heard me talk about what a great neighborhood we grew up in. It was more like one big huge family, which I just loved! :} The Kidds here were certainly like family, since I was at their house almost every day. So, I was thrilled to get the chance to go celebrate their Dad's 80th Birthday with them, though I must admit, it's hard to watch our parents age at the same time! I know they've struggled with his health conditions; but, it also sounds like they are taking great care of him too.

And any chance to see Sandra is always good to me! :}
I was thrilled to get to see so many of "the old ward", our extended family! (especially my own parents, of course! :}). Workman's here (Melissa's Dad & sister), with my Mom & Dad, were also my "other family". I believe I did live there too, actually. Ken would make sure I had whatever breakfast he was making each morning before school, even if I told him I just ate at home! (so, can I blame him for my terrible eating habits?! :}) I was sad to have recently missed his big birthday bash too; but, just couldn't fit it in that night unfortunately. :(
Ruby & Russ Roberds were (are) our next door neighbors. Ruby was our mutual teacher for many years & probably put up with more than she should have, honestly! :}
Glad my sis made it too! :}
Jorgensen's & Foote's...oh, there were some funny people. And they still are, as they were sitting around the table cracking old jokes. Brother Foote was our Bishop for many years as well. We were laughing (ok, I was more apologizing) about how much all of us kids (and there was a lot of us at that time!) put him through. He says he doesn't remember that at all. Yea, sure!
My cute Ma & Pa! :}
It's good to have Sandra back in Utah again, I know her parents are glad too! :}
The Family together again
Alira was having too much fun popping all the ballons at the end there. (though Kaley was trying to save them all :}). Unfortunately the ones they gave her to keep flew out the window on the way out...oops! Oh well, they're just balloons! :})
Really, it was great to see so many of my old favs from the neighborhood again. So many have left a lasting impression on me, I'm grateful I got the chance to be a part of their lives!

1 comment:

At Last said...

Ahhh I love being back in the old hood. We have a ton of amazing people. It looks like you all had a good time. You and Colleen look so cute in your picture!! I just love love the Leach fam:)