Friday, June 20, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY POOKIE!!

OK, I'm sure he won't be too thrilled for putting his pet name there; but, hey....he is my pookie, so there! :} Married 16 years today..that is just crazy, where did the time go! But, you have to count the 4 years prior to the wedding...so, 20 years together now! (Man, do I all of a sudden feel old!) My old Pondorosa friends may remember this; but, I will never forget the first time I saw him. He walked in to Pondo for his first day of work, even in his lovely brown & orange polyester (what were they thinking on that by the way?!) and I was love struck all ready. I was sitting on break with my friends and said "I'm going to get that guy!". And I did! So, there's one reason to believe in love at first site!! And how he got me to go out with him was awesome too. He sent flowers to me with no name, I just had to figure out who they were from. It was driving me crazy at work that night, I knew it was someone there because the guys were being funny (hoping it was him; but, didn't dare ask!!). He so kindly offered me a ride home that night & sees the flowers, "Oh, who are these from?" Then we sat & talked for about 8 hours straight getting to know each other, to end with a peck on the forehead. I just loved it & knew right away he really was the one! I realize I am not an easy wife with all my things I just have to do; but, he is understanding & will completely let me do whatever I feel I need to do (even if that means he's the one that actually gets stuck doing the PTA projects I signed up for!). For that alone...I am grateful every day for finding such a great man! I think one of the reasons we've been together is so long is that we enjoy doing things together...like softball (glad we finally got to be on the same team again this year...I had missed that!), UTES games, camping, home projects, etc. So here's to many more happy years together!!

GO UTES!!!

The Hawaiian Feast on our trip to Florida

Valentine's Day "Sweethearts Brunch"

7 comments:

Jen said...

I've always loved Doug, and his easy going, optimistic personality. You guys are so fun, and I admire your relationship and all the things you do together. I think it's awesome! Happy Anniversary!!

Carla said...

Happy Anniversary! We really like Doug (pookie)too. He is a great guy and a great father. Here is to many more years to follow.

:)Carla

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It's rare these days to make it this far. I know! We just had our 17th! Hey, we are getting old...but hasn't it been a helluva ride and there much more to come!

Lissa said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Doug is a great guy! We have always enjoyed our time with him! You guys make a wonderful couple!!! Here's to manymore years together!!!

Kim said...

You guys are too cute. Congrats on 16...or 20 years! That is awesome!!

Colleen said...

Happy Anniversary! Hard to believe its been 20 years already. I remember to good ol' brown & orange polyesters from Ponderosa. I'm glad you were able to see past that when you met Doug, we think he's awesome!! It's nice that you both enjoy doing so many things together, you really do compliment each other!!

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow...that is a long time! I loved hearing your story on how you met, so cute!