Monday, June 9, 2008

Surgery Update....

OK, so normally I would not dare post such a "beautiful" picture of myself; but, what the heck, heh? My sister, Colleen, who has been a lifesaver through this so far, insisted I needed it! :} But, this is a "Hey, I'll be ok & all will be good!" pose. Which, the surgery did go well. As far as the recovery, well....I'm surviving, though it's not easy!! Maybe it would be easier if I just couldn't talk; but, since I can; but, not supposed to...it's a little different! Though I'm sure my family is enjoying the peace & quiet of me not yelling at them all the time! :} I have slipped a few times...like when I stepped on a tact, or when Toby ate my lunch. Even just the habit of saying "Goodbye, I love you" this morning. Oops! I guess I need to put a ribbon around my finger to remind me now! Ya know though, there had to be something that would finally get me to take some R&R...we all know what a crazy busy life I've created. So, I am enjoying that part of it! So thanks to all of you who have relayed their kind thoughts & concerns...much appreciated!!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Glad to hear that you are doing okay and the surgery went well. If you need anything please call us and we'll help wherever we can. (I can always yell at Doug and the kids for you!! HINT!!) ;)
Love ya.
The Hennessy's

Jen said...

Oh Shauna, poor girl. How is it even possible to not say a word. I feel like I would need to go in seclusion. I couldn't be around my kids and not say (or threaten) anything to them. You are tough, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Leave it to Colleen to be there and "nurture" you. That's right up her alley. I'm sure she loves showing her love for you, I hope you can feel my love through this blogosphere grapevine. I'd call, but since you can't talk, that'll have to wait. Keep the updates coming, and continue to get well! Love you!!!
Jen

Colleen said...

You really are doing a good job so far. I agree with Jen, I would have to go into seclusion..or walk around with layers of duck tape on my mouth. Then today, picking up the phone and having complete silence on the other end was a bit funny/strange. I thought Doug would answer, and even though I got that you must be listening, I had to question myself if you really heard me, and it was really strange not to hear or be able to see a response from you. I'm proud of you for not breaking the silence, and I know your Dr would be too. Love you Sis, keep up the good work!

Lissa said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well and that you are recovering good also. It has got to be so hard not to talk, I know you can do it girl!!!