Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!





To all the Dad's out there....Happy Fathers Day! I hope you all got to relax & enjoy your day!! Doug got to start the day by golfing with his buddies (which you know he'll never complain about that!) It was a hot day though...I'm sure he wishes it were a slight bit cooler for that at least (no, we're not complaining, we promise...we've been beggin' for warm days for a while now!) Once he got home, we were off to my sister, Sherrie's, place for a nice steak dinner (thanks again Sherrie....it was nummy! :}) It was nice to see Aunt Toots, who was visiting from California, as well as our cousin, Phillip. We enjoyed getting to just hang out & chat (well, I tried to just listen; but, I'm sure I may have exceeded my 20% talking allowance...hard not to with the fam!) We also watched that exciting US Open (Tiger continues to amaze me every time I see him play!). Kaley insisted on playing Lil' Miss Hairdresser, said she was so good she deserved a trophy for that! :} I know Sherrie enjoyed it! Like I always say...you've got to enjoy those moments you get with the family. Life gets too crazy, it's important to appreciate each chance you get!!

In honor of the day, let me take a moment to thank Doug for being such a great father to our kids. I really lucked out there! Which is funny because not growing up around too many, if any, little kids, he was very nervous about being a daddy. ..wasn't sure he could do it! But, I knew he'd do just fine! Some good examples include: taking the very first diaper change (and that itself was a funny experience!), and understanding that was as much his duty as mine; often taking time out to have game time; always throwing the ball with the boys; playing along with all Kaley's Princess moments & tea parties; doing Kaley's hair when she insists daddy does it!; never having to wonder if they'll be ok while I'm out doing one of my million things; for often running them/or picking them up to/from their activities; and much more! So good job Doug...you're doing great!! :} And to my own dad...I can't say enough! You'll get your own blog here next; but, hope you know I sure do love ya pop!!







1 comment:

Colleen said...

It's always so nice to hang out with family and Sherrie did a nice job with dinner. Kaley looked so cute yesterday. I can't believe we missed her hairdressing adventures. Doug really does do a great job with the kids! I've even witnessed tea parties and game times myself..Kudos Doug!!