Friday, June 13, 2008

PROUD TO CALL HER MY FRIEND!...


As I said the other day, I think there's some people you should meet. I've thought about this since I started blogging; but, just getting around to it. Let me start with one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met in my lifetime. And I can guarantee everyone who knows her will agree! This is Jerry Vandersteen. I first met Jerry 10 years ago when I started Jazzercise. She instantly made me feel welcome & as if we were long time friends, as I believe she has every other Jazzerciser. She proved that you can still Jazzercise as you get older & that life is all what you make of it! I also loved that she would always bring her granddaughters to class with her...how lucky they are to have her for a grandma! It's hard to explain; but, whenever you see her, it's almost like you can see the halo around her head. She is just as spunky as ever, has the best sense of humor, and is truly the most caring person in this world! She works at Valley View Memorial Home. Which has to be a hard job knowing that you're dealing with family tragadies all the time; but, then I think, what better person to be the one to help comfort the families than Jerry! I believe she's there for a reason. I know she was truly a lifesaver to our friend Amy when she had lost her spouse. Two years ago we got to attend a surprise birthday party for her 70th birthday (sorry Jerry, don't mean to "announce" your age; but, you do wear it well! :}). It was so fun, we felt honored to be invited and it was fun to meet her other family & friends! She is someone I think about often, especially if I'm feeling down...it's like she's there giving me a hug! So Jerry, kudos to you for being who you are, big hugs & lots of loves to you my friend!!


3 comments:

Colleen said...

She sounds like an awesome friend and an awesome Grandma!

Anonymous said...

She is awesome and has a heart of gold. She is my Aunt and i love and miss her so much. (i live in New York) What you wrote is amazing and so true especially the part with the halo - she is an angle and how lucky she is to have a friend like you

Anonymous said...

I love hearing such great words about Aunt Jerry - she is such a wonderful loving Aunt and person to everyone who knows her. Wish i could see her more often but I live in Texas and miss her all the time!!