Friday, June 20, 2008

Now meet Tracy...

Continuing on with people you must know....let me introduce you to Tracy Newby. Tracy is a riot, ALWAYS keeping you laughing & smiling! Seriously, that is an understatement! Even on her bad days, she'll forewarn you that she is just not going to be funny & to not expect it; but, that's a lie because I've NEVER had a time with Tracy that didn't about bust my gut at some point! I first met Tracy 10 years ago when my good friend, Chautel, took me to Jazzercise with her. As you know...it's been a big part of my life since then! Much to do, not only with the fun workout; but, the amazing people there, like Tracy, who has been an instructor now for 16 years, and runs the Taylorsville Rec Jazzercise Franchise. I've been fortunate to take a few great trips with her between Jazzercise events, or our Bonko outings. As much as we hate to see any Bonko player leave (and trust me, I don't want to intend that they're being replaced, that is not the case... Millie, you know we miss you dearly!), I was glad when Tracy got the opportunity to join our group (since we "voted" her in..so she wants to believe :}) because I just knew the Bonko girls (who will get their own blog as well...they are also a very important part of my life!) just HAD to get to know her & knew she would fit right in! One of my favorite moments was watching her bash up her old car to attempt getting to meet Kenny Chesney for her daughter, Rachel. Granted this was Rachel's idea; but, she played along. And she should have won!! She still got tickets though & I know it's something Rachel will never forget! It just showed what a great mom she really is...she'll do anything for them! She's proven her strength over the years as I saw her go through her divorce, put herself through college, while continuing to raise her 2 beautiful kids, along with working & continuing to teach. I know it hasn't been easy for her; but, she seemed to take it with stride & know she could do what she had to do! Now if only the men out there would realize what a wonderful girl she is...someone like her should just not be single! (So, hey...if you know someone, let's hook her up, she deserves a great man in her life!! Let's be her dating service :})


This 1st one was a classic....while getting ready for the cocktail party at the Jazzercise Convention in Palm Springs...this is how she came out of the bathroom saying "Ready to Go?" If that doesn't explain Tracy's wit, I don't know what does! We were then very excited to meet the Founder/CEO and daughter, Judi Sheppard Misset & Shanna Missett

The infamous "Smashing of Tracy's car"
Our night at Air Supply, meeting her "Sexy new boyfriend!" (the Bass Guitarist there) :}
Tracy leading us in our annual Taylorsville Dayzz Parade
Tracy with our other Jazzercise Inspiration, Holly Hartzell
Our morning at Good Things Utah. Look, now she can have McDreamy by her side each night! :}
Kaley absolutely loves her Tracy! She wants her to be her other mom!
Our St. George/Zions National Park Easter Weekend
Taking a nice morning walk during our stay in Sonoma Valley
Tracy's Graduation Party with her cute Mom & Dad and Mom's long time friend, Marsha

2 comments:

Lissa said...

What amazing friends you have Shauna! I love that you are doing this. Tracy sounds so strong and such a riot.... Thanks for sharing a bit of your friends!

Colleen said...

She sounds like such a fun person to be around! That's funny what she was did to try and get Kenny Chesney tickets..what a great mom!