Monday, June 23, 2008

One of My Favorite Couples...

And the winner of "The Cutest Couple Award" goes to....


Melissa & Greg Nickel

They are just the cutest thing & so fun to be around! I met them approximately 8 years ago while working at Fidelity Investments. I first worked with Greg while in Investments, then later worked with Lissa when I transfered to the 403B Division. I met them through our good friend, Daniella, at a Halloween Party & thought how fun they seemed to be! They are always out for the adventure & certainly know how to host a party (my favorite one was when about 25 or so of us all went to the Prince Concert together & they had a Pre-Prince Party where we all had to wear our purple & enjoyed purple drinks & purple jello! :}). I remember sitting by Greg, being his "cubicle buddy", and how kindly he spoke of his wife. I thought "How awesome to hear a guy not be afraid to say how much he loves his wife!" (you know, a lot of them don't generally speak up about "being in love" like the girls do! :}) When I had then worked with Lissa & got to have lunch with her when we could, it was the same way for her. They totally treat each other with such high respect, it's like that "newly in love" thing never fades with them. Whatever their trick is, they need to share it with the world! If you need a moment of inspiration, check out their blogs every now & then (see links below). I find them uplifting & constant reminders to make the most of life!! (since they live up to that theory). So, Greg & Lissa...thanks for sharing your love of life with the world! Glad to have you as our friends:}


4 comments:

Lissa said...

Shauna! You are too cute! I knew you were up too something when you asked for pics... I just didn't expect this. You brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for this post and for being such a great friend and inspiration to me!!!! :) Luv ya girl!

Colleen said...

What a cute couple! I just looked at their blogs. That was fun to read the 'random' things about her that she wrote, and the kids are so cute! That was also very touching to see Greg's blog. What an awesome idea and tribute to his Father! That must be a tough situation to deal with. It's nice getting to know a little about your friends.

Greg said...

Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could be more like you and look past people's faults and see the positive in everyone.

Erica said...

You hit the nail on the head with picking these two for your cutest couple award! They are totally adorable and inspiring. My husband grew up across the street from Melissa and actually calls her his "sister." She and Greg are family to us and we are so lucky to have them in our lives!