Thursday, June 5, 2008

So Here I Go.....Ready For Some Changes!!

Just thought I'd take a moment to touch base on what's going on. Nothing major, really; but, having to share. We all have our little issues to deal with in life I know. As most of you know, I've continuously dealt with chronic larangytis, bronchitis, etc. And it's only gotten worse each year (that tends to happen as we age, huh? Yea, it's all catching up with me now...must be because I'm turning 40 this year! :}) It's sad when you think "what surgery/medical issue" should I deal with most...the throat, the knee...oh, the joys of aging! So tomorrow I go in for a little surgery to remove some polyps from my vocal chords. Really, I'm not worried about the surgery...what I am worried about is the recovery! Seems simple enough; but, part of this involves NO talking, not a peep for atleast 10 days! And then it will be minimal for the next 6 weeks. Do these dr's know me?! Do they realize I can't shut up most of the time? (yea, as you may recall, I get that from my mom! :}) OK, so I have my small little bulletin board/notepad which I plan to make good use of. Thank God for email/text/the blog to keep the communication lines going...then I would go nuts!! I can't even help to start singing when a great song comes on (famous for that in the car!)...hope I don't slip up! Let alone....I do have to still try to control my kids after all!! They've promised they will help, and of course when Doug's here, he can deal with them; but, c'mon...they're kids & kids are demanding!! So, if the not talking isn't hard enough, I also have to delete all ingredients that irritate the acid reflux, which would create problems on the throat. So...this means NO caffeine (I do love my cup o' jo!); chocolate...no explanation there, we all know I live for chocolate!!; tomatoes-what, no salsa this summer?! (and who would have thought I'd grow up to love tomatoes too...since I'd sit at the dinner table for hours refusing to eat them as a kid!); Alcohol (ok, so maybe a good thing many of you are thinking; but, especially as summer approaches & we finish up the new patio, and I vision kickin' back on the pad with a nice cold Bud Light Lime in my frozen mug or my margarita..or better yet, one of Lissa's infamous Mojitos..yummy, they are so refreshing! :}); my glass of orange juice that I crave each morning; and more. And to top it off, this means I can't teach for a little while. I VERY much look forward to being with my Jazzerbuddies when I can. My students really just make my day when I get to see them. I plan to go to class after a bit; but, how easy is it going to be to be there & not talk to everyone I'm missin' or yell out a WHO-HOO?! Seriously, this won't be easy!! But, I do know I need to do what I need to do to heal properly & get this taken care of for good!! I do realize this is a short time period over all, petty compared to those who deal with much serious issues, so I hope I don't sound like "oh, poor me!"...I really am not saying that. Anyway, wish me luck and if I happen to be bald when you see me next, well it's probably because I pulled all my hair out this week!! :}

4 comments:

Lissa said...

We are making mojitos tomorrow. I found a new recipe that adds fresh peach juice in them... I'm not helping, am I?! lol Seriously though, I wish you all the best of luck with your surgery and a super speedy recovery so you can get back to all the things you love!!! I'll be thinking of you.

Colleen said...

As long as you set your mind to it, I know you'll do great! Good luck with everything Sis, I sure love you!

Carla said...

Daniella told me about your surgery and all you "can't have" for a long time. :( You have my sympathies!! If there is anything you need email me and I'll help wherever I can. (I am good at yelling at kids. HA!!)
Have a good recovery!
Carla

Jenn said...

Oh my! I'm glad the surgery went well...I would struggle too! That would be so hard. I just caught up reading all your posts...great job! Your patio looks great...someday we want to build one...someday! :-) Oh, I added you to my friends list...hope you don't mind!!!