Monday, October 13, 2008

An afternoon playing with the girls...

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day at our home with our dear friend, Melissa (I told ya...there's something about those Melissa's in my life! :}), and her girls, Alex & Riley. The girls had a blast together...we made sure we got it all in: coloring, dancing, dress up, made cookies (OK, I burnt them; but, we did enjoy the dough at least!), painted our fingernails, painted pumpkins. Meanwhile Doug grilled us up one of Bernie's smoked salmons (good hubby! :}...it was very tasty!!) & it gave us a chance to talk girl talk (always a good thing to be able to talk things out with your girlfriends I always say!). A perfect way to spend a cold Sunday afternoon! (Forget that we got our first snowfall yesterday! Brrrr!!). You'd think those little girls were sisters with their blond hair & blue eyes...and of course their cuteness! :} Sure do love those girls!! :}

Have to laugh at Riley here...she loved the princess costume..just thought it looked better with the top down to her waist! Oh oh! :} She also has that hip shaking thing down too! (as Kaley obviously does too!)

PRECIOUS GIRLS...CAN WE STOP THEM FROM GROWING UP?!

Meanwhile, Kaley had to get a few shots of some of her favorite Halloween Decos (yea, I'm a little obsessed with decorations...just a little! :}) Another reason I love Avon so much...they've got great things for each holiday!)

This witch sings "Ghouls Just Want To Have Fun"

This cat sings "Black Magic Woman"

And Frankenstein here sings "Thriller"

Now play them all together...not quite so enjoyable! :}

5 comments:

Julz said...

So fun! I love Halloween!

Carla said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun and got to catch up on some "girl time".

I love Halloween too. Wish I could have decorated pumpkins with you.

:)Carla

Greg said...

Alex and Riley are really cute girls. Whoever is their Dad must be proud.

Shauna said...

@ Greg: Geez, I know huh?!! :} As he should be...he certainly did well in the kid making department! :}

Colleen said...

Cute kids! I love all your Halloween Decorations!