Sunday, October 26, 2008

OH WHAT A TRIP!

OK, I realize many of you have been asking when I'm going to post about the big trip. I'm getting there...been a crazy week of catchup & things. But, I will say...yes, it was a FABULOUS trip full of memories to last a lifetime, and yes, we did make it home safe & sound! I couldn't have asked for anything more, it was above & beyond what I'd hope to get out of it & can think of no better way to start off my 40's!! Of course, me, Ms. Kodak, has a LOT of pictures (after a few deletes of duplicates, whatever...we're down to 317). So, I'm going to go through & pick a few from each memory & break it up in different sections. I'll start by showing you some of the absolutely gorgeous views & scenery we saw along the way. Getting to go to Virginia, and seeing D.C., was all a bonus to the "Trip to NY". We decided to start there since our dear friend, Kamille, moved there a couple years ago. We were too close not to see her part of the country! And all I can say is that I thought I was in the middle of a painting or that I was in Norman Rockwell's world. It was so peaceful & breathtaking!

This is the view from her back yard...need I say more?

Leesburg, VA is such a quaint town...I loved it!

While touring Washington DC, I continued to enjoy all the leaves changing colors. The Fall Season was a perfect time to view this part of the country!

Of course seeing NYC was a sight in itself!

OK, that's your sneak peak for now. I hope to do more later tonight; but, for now...much to do!!

4 comments:

Carla said...

I can't wait to see more. I've been waiting to see/hear about your trip. Daniella said it was the best time she has ever had in NYC. I am jealous!!

Glad you had fun and you are home safe!

:)Carla

Colleen said...

It looks like Kamille lives in some beautiful country. It's great that you got to visit her and see her part of the world. I'm so glad ya'll had such a great time!

Jen said...

I loved living in Virginia and was hoping that would be the place we'd end up...unfortuneately not. I've been to Leesburg, and thought it was just a fun little town. It looks like you had a blast. I'm glad you were able to go and do something like this for you birthday. I can't wait to see more of your pictures!!!

Kim said...

Wow - never been to Virginia - it's sooo beautiful...And I just love NYC - can't wait to go again someday!