Monday, October 27, 2008

The Today Show

And finally, we made it to our simple goal of being on The Plaza at Rockefeller Center to get our moment on The Today Show. Doug had this banner made for us...we had to announce to the world that "The Bonko Babes of Utah were proud to admit we were 40 & Fabulous!" :} It may have been a bit wordy, I should know with some marketing background, that simple would have been better; but, it's all good. Still awesome & fun. Though it was FREEZING and the others were probably wondering why exactly we were there! They were good sports though & played along...thanks friends! We did get a few quick clips (especially liked when Millie lifted Lette up, her head just popped up :}) & watching the recording, knowing we were there, was great too! I am a faithful Today Show fan, starts my mornings...so, I was excited to see the crew in person!
Trying to warm up by sitting on the grate with the subway underneath, the banner our blanket. Millie thought she'd just try to take a quick nap! :}
Surviving the bitter cold morning!
We made it!Meeting "Lenny"...he's been there every day for 15 1/2 years!
Oh, look who showed up?! j/k...they were the smart ones. No sense all of us getting up real early & freezing just to get a spot! :}
Matt Lauer...he's such a handsome man! :}
The always silly, Al Roker, comes out to the plaza
Meredith Viera ...she's a lot of fun, I like her!
Matt talking to our new friends in line, from Iowa Anne Curry..just love her too!
Matt, Al & Meredith doing a piece on the Plaza...see, we were so close!Millie lifting Jules up to be on camera
Actually getting to talk with, and get my picture with, Meredith was awesome!!
Also seeing the one & only, Sir Elton John, through the window (too bad it was too cold for him to do one of their outside concerts) was very cool...I love Elton John, still one of my favorite concerts ever!! So other than one last bit of shopping, that finished off the trip. The plane ride home was about the longest ever...I attempted to catch up on some sleep (as well as you can do on a plane). It was good to land & be home again, I missed my family a lot!! Now we can quit talking about going & just enjoy all the incredible memories that were made! Goodbye NYC...for now!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Awh.it sounds like a nice way to end a fantastic trip. I like Meredith Viera too, I think she's a classy lady. How fun to get your picture with her. And it would be awesome to see Elton John sing. I'm glad you had such a great birthday. Love you Sis!

Carla said...

Now I want to go to NYC. So much fun and so much to see and do. I wish I would have known you were going to be a TV...I would have watched. I am jeolous just looking at all the things I would like to go see and do. Can I come for the 50th. ;)

Happ B-day again.
:)Carla

Jen said...

I wish I would have recorded it that morning you were on. I would have loved to had a glimpse of my sis. I like Meredith too, and agree that Matt is handsome. You are motivated to endure the cold. Doing it with friends makes it bearable. What a great trip! Glad you have the memories!1