Friday, October 10, 2008

Precious Moments....

As many of you know, I absolutely love the "Precious Moments" figurines (and books, and whatever else we can find in PM) & have collected them since our wedding. The cake topper was my 1st one & I have one that represents every important aspect/moment in my life...like childbirth, buying a home, hospital stays, good friends, etc. Just love them! But, what's even better is when you have your own real life Precious Moments. Connie's always said Kaley looked like them anyway..she kind of does (I could be a little biased though :}). Just as we're getting ready this morning, I thought I'd capture a couple of them, something to remind us it's just the simple things & moments in life that really mean the most!Kaley is teaching school right now to her stuffed animals. They are learning the fire drill. that's cute....glad to know she's paying attention in school! :}
Dylan is "busting a move". My question is...why does he only have one sock on?
OK, I don't have one of Bradon this morning since I just couldn't seem to wake up before he left; but, this is still a precious moment that truly shows Bradon's sweet side. This is him with cute lil' Hayden...such adorable boys! :}

You know what else is precious? Bradon is going to his very first school dance today! Of course he didn't really want to talk about it "with mom"; but, I do know how much school dances are a important part of our lives! Atleast they always were in my world! Oh so many great memories...many good times at the dances! Do they even have the church dances anymore? That was a big thing back in my day...I can just picture the leaders now making sure we were arm's width apart for the slow dances! :} Seems like there was one almost every weekend, it was so fun! I still think about them, when I pass certain churches in the valley, that they would be held at. Always brings a smile. Of course makes you laugh too since we were such dorks back then! (Hey, it WAS the 80's after all! :}) Besides the church & school dances, we also had a few fun dance clubs for teenagers...Xenon, The Maxim, Dukes, The Palladium, The Bay, The Ritz are ones that we can think of (had to ask my friends for some help remembering the names of some of these places). Again, do the kids even have those around anymore? I haven't noticed if they do. Of course, I am getting old now...so, I could just not know about them! I'd definately have to say it was one of my favorite things as a teenager (and still is, in my refusal to grow up completely :}). Hopefully he'll have a good time today & not be shy & afraid to ask the girls to dance. As much as I want to go and watch, I was told "I better not!" (you know how tempting it is to sneak in with my camera? :}). So, guess it's time for me to let go a little & watch him grow up (sniff sniff). Meanwhile I'll enjoy whatever precious moments I can get!!

4 comments:

Heidi Rushing said...

What cute kids you have, I am glad you are taking the time to enjoy all these crazy busy moments now because someday, too soon, we will miss them!

Jenn said...

She totally looks like a precious moments doll, and I'm not being biased! All your kids are adorable! Ya, what is up with church dances? I wonder why they don't have those anymore...I have good memories of them too!!

Colleen said...

Thanks for sharing the precious moments, the kids are adorable!I remember some of the church dance stories from you and your friends..funny! I also remember some of the Jr High school dances, it's crazy to think of Bradon being at that age already. He's growing up so fast! I hope he had a great time.

Carla said...

You always know just what to say! You brought a tear to my eye the way you talk about your kids. You are the cuttest mom....now I know a little about you family.

Thanks for sharing.
:)Carla