Thursday, May 1, 2008

Is it really May all ready?!!!!

OK, for real...when your elders always told you time only goes faster the older you get, they were so not kidding! Wasn't it just the beginning of the new year? Maybe I'm more surprised because it doesn't feel like May here in SLC...I am looking at a bit of snow outside after all! So, as much as I want to stay on top of this blog...and keep thinking of things I should post, can I just say life is insanely crazy right now (I mean, I know it always is; but, more so lately) & soon I'll tell you about the events of April like Dylan turning 10, or gatherings with good friends in town, etc. But, hopefully soon on that.
For now...let me share a quick cute moment. My most adorable 92 year old Grandma Tate, who has just recently come to understand that she has a few American Idol fanatics in her family, and had never watched the show before, called me late last night to see who got voted off (which I wish I had known the answer since my sweet boy managed to cancel the recording while I was at class!). She wanted to make sure when the show was on so she wouldn't miss anymore. Now this is someone who rarely watches TV as is; but, I think we got her hooked when we watched a few espisodes at my cousin's baby shower! :} I just hung up thinking, "I've got the cutest little Grandma around!" Her vote is for our our own local boy, David Archuletta...hes just a cutie!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love that story. I love these things about grandma. I wish I could watch them with her. She's cute,and so fun. I can't wait to hear more about how life is going. I hope you are well though.

Love ya!!

Lissa said...

I so hear you about time going faster the older we get. Too bad we didn't realize it really was true when we were younger! What a cute Grandma you have to keep up with what you are watching. :)

Colleen said...

I agree, we have the most adorable Grandma around. She's always making me laugh! Here's my latest funny story about her.. On her Birthday a few weeks ago she told me about the new hearing aid she got for herself that day. She said she's needed one for a while now, but due to her age she thought she would be dying soon, so didn't want to waste the money on it. Well now that she's lived a few more years, she decided to go ahead and get one in case she lives another year or two. She's so funny! That totally makes me laugh that she doesn't want to miss American Idol, she really is so cute!!