Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We ALMOST had an addition to the house....

I just thought I'd share this story from the weekend too. I realize I have boys, and boys are boys; but, I still get the final say on what creatures we decide to have in our household! (well, Doug & I...that's the hard part! :}). The boys found a snake this Sunday & just HAD to keep it for a pet. Now, understand I have a HUGE phobia of reptiles, particularly snakes! I don't care if it's a garter snake, it's still a snake! I don't even care to go in to that part of the zoo for that matter, I prefer to sit outside until they're done in that building! I don't even like play snakes! (which reminds me of a hillarious story of a time at Rod & Jeannine's when Bubba threw a fake one on me..wasn't funny at the time, is now :}). They begged Dad to have him talk me in to keeping it. They PROMISED it wouldn't come out in the house, they will leave him in the tank unless they're taking it outside, yadda yadda. So, whatever....my agreement was, besides all that, that Bradon bring me his laundry & stay on top of keeping his room cleaned so I never have reason to even have to go in his room! I'm trying, really! So I leave for a few hours to get that blessed long overdue massage, come home so relaxed & so far, fine with the fact there's a snake in the house. That was until I went up to my room, ready to attack the piles of laundry & here comes "Mike", the snake, slithering out from under the towel, approximately 5 inches from my foot. Oh, you haven't ever seen me run so fast!! OK, I realize this is funny to most; and ok, maybe it is. But, my heart was racing for hours...forget that nice peaceful feeling I had from the massage! Needless to say Mike is not a member of the Coleman household anymore. That lasted a whole 5 hours or so! I think a dog and two turtles is plenty, really! Plus, we don't exactly have a great history of pets as is (that's a whole nother funny/sad story to maybe write about some time!)

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Oh Shauna! You are way braver than I! You had me LOL at the part where "Mike" decided to help you with laundry. Glad to hear you aren't too traumitized by it all. :)

Jen said...

I totally got the creeps as you described it. Yuck. You crack me up, and I love getting a dose of laughter from your stories!

Colleen said...

I am seriously creeped out for you and laughing out loud at the same time!!