Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day









Mother's Day...a day we so look forward to each year. I mean, when else can we just completely refuse to HAVE to do anything we don't want? (or is that just me being selfish for a day? :}). My family took good care of me, making me breakfast & just getting to sleep in was a gift enough!! We fotunately got to spend the day with some of the family, and enjoy a killer Jazz Game! GO JAZZ!!! Always funner to watch the playoffs with others who get just as excited as you do about it all! (just have to watch the cussing a little more :}) TC cooked us up some good grub (he's a King at the BBQ!) & yes, I pigged out once again! Well, how exactly do you choose from chocolate cake or strawberry shortcake? Yea, see what I mean! You know you're ALWAYS in for fun & laughs when you're in for time with the family. Especially mine! Seriously.....I don't recall a time without! Doug & TC have just about heard ENOUGH of American Idol talk...I don't think they minded being outside by the BBQ just because of that! :}

All I can say is it sure is a good feeling to be a mom...despite how rough it can be, there's just nothing like it!!! It truly is a blessing that you just can't take for granted. I realize no one out there is the "Perfect Mom" (OK, I certainly know some who are 99.9% there; but...), all we can do is try our best & hope they survive (and we survive!). We can just hope that they grow up knowing how to be a good person & to be able to know what's really important in life!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Shauna, I love this post. I LOVE seeing the pictures, and can just imagine myself there. I think you are just about perfect of a mom. I wish I could express, like you always seem to, a pure joy and love for life, and your devotion to really go after all that you pursue. With that kind of example, your kids will be amazing!!

Lissa said...

Happy mothers day! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful day! The Jazz games are getting so exciting!!! :)

Colleen said...

I'm so glad you were able to come out for Mothers Day, thanks for all the yummy food you brought! It's always fun to hang out with you, and it was so much fun watching the Jazz game with everyone.

You're such a great Mom, and I just love your sense of humor when things get a little rough. The joys of Motherhood somedays. Love you Sis!