Saturday, May 10, 2008

WHAT A TEAM!!

So Saturday was the Annual Susan G. Komen's Breast Cancer Foundation Race For The Cure. I was so proud of our team...we ended up with 60 team members & additional donations that brought in over $2700 towards the cause!! We all know every dollar, every person, makes a difference. It was a truly motivational morning to be surrounded by so many caring people (and I mean many, they estimated approx. 17,000 people this year!). It's especially inspirational to see all the women in their pink shirts & pink hats..the survivors, just knowing they've each had to fight their own battle & all these people are there to support them! Proud to be a part of it!






2 comments:

Lissa said...

So awesome Shauna! You are truly an inspiration to me to be a kinder more giving person. I love that you are constantly doing stuff like this! Next year I need to join you for sure!!!

Colleen said...

I agree with Lissa, you are awesome and inspirational. I love that you're so involved with the community. You're a great role model!