Monday, July 21, 2008

Back in the saddle again

So, my 6 weeks is officially over (all ready?!) & back to teaching today. Can I say how good it felt to be back? Oh, I really missed my students!! Granted I did make it to class a few times (of course, not as often & feelin' it too!!), it's just not the same as getting to be the instructor (for some reason you tend to have more energy that way...maybe because you're talking & therefore breathing more). I don't know; but, whatever...just glad to be back! And hopefully I can do it the proper way to not cause any strain on the throat! (I tried, really...I don't want the Dr. getting mad at me after all! OK, really I don't want to do anything that would mean I'd have to stop teaching! :}) . They do say I'm healing very well though...so, all my restraints are paying off! I guess we'll really see on the follow up next week after a week of teaching again.
Speaking of "feelin' it"....man, they weren't kidding when they said it only gets harder to maintain your weight the older you get, huh? Not to keep dwelling on turning the Big 40; but, darn it...I thought for sure with being limited on so many things & watching what I ate more, that at least I'd lose a few pounds. Not the case! I realize I haven't worked out as much; but, STILL! I also realize that the weight itself is just a # (I have to remind myself that all the time...all my muscles gotta way a ton! :}) Regardless, it's a little frustrating to be honest!! I set this goal to be "More Fit & Feelin' Fabulous" by that big birthday & now that we're down to 3 months left...I better get serious! I can't stand at 'The Today Show' with my sign saying that if it isn't true, right?!! :} So, I thought...I better put it in writing. Then hopefully I will be more committed to doing just that. I realize it's a constant challenge for many of us...it's truly about being healthy & taking good care of yourself. I wish we didn't feel like we had to dwell on it so much! So, what do you think...can I lose 20 lbs. before 10/15? Anyone in on it with me?! :} Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Yay! I am glad to hear you are doing better and back at teaching. You are too cute and funny... I am sure you can loose the poundage you want if you put your heart to it (which I have no doubt that you will)... Good luck!!!! :)

Carla said...

I know you can do it!!! Do your best and then you can hold your sign up with pride!!

Good luck.
:)Carla

Colleen said...

Congrats on the return to teaching, I know how much you love it! Good luck on your goal, I know you can do it! You're going to look great on 'The Today Show'!!