Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Random Thoughts....

You know when you're kids say the darndest things & you think, I ought to write those down before I forget...well, I say that often. So, if I remember, I will put them in the blog. Here's a recent one that will make you smile...

  • Kaley likes to say the blessing before we eat (she'll fight over it even if Dylan dares & tries to take a turn! :}) What's so cute is how she'll say it...Dear "Emily" Father. When the brothers have tried to correct her, she gets very demanding saying "His name IS Emily!" So there!! :} She also just makes me smile everytime because of who she'll bless.."bless our family & friends, and especially mommy's friends" (aparently she thinks they need extra blessings?). Or specifically, she blesses Tracy (oh how she loves Tracy!). Or when we've said in the past to bless certain families going through hardships, she'll still randomly add them in..like just the other day she randomly blessed Kelly's family (friend of ours that we grew up who passed away in December) or the Prince Family (Tanya who passed away this year). I hope she always stays this sweet!!

My sister, Sherrie, always likes to throw out these sayings (yea, runs in the family!). A few that I think of often, and will always remember her by...

  • "Peace, Love & Family Home Evening"
  • "When you're down & out, lift your head & shout...I'M A PRECIOUS POO POO!"
  • "What do you think it is, YOUR BIRTHDAY?!"

I have a question: What is it about the free samples at Costco that are so darn exciting? You would have thought we were going to Lagoon when I told the kids we had to drop by there the other day. And God forbid if you missed an aisle that may have had someone with samples! I really do feed them...you would think they were starving or something! Which this goes for the dentist/dr. too....Kaley in particular gets VERY excited to go (she even had to wear her pretty dress on the last visit & was counting down the days until we got to go). Now I realize Dr. Pond would say it was just to see him-he is a great & hillarious guy; but, no offense....it's really all about the prize! That silly 5 cent object that becomes one of the many pieces of junk you have to clean out of the toy box.

There's so many classic Saturday Night Live skits; but, I have to say one of my favorites is Jack Handy & his "Deep Thoughts". Here's just a few of many

  • "I'm good enough, I"m smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"
  • If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did".
  • I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me.
  • I wonder if angels believe in ghosts.
  • I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
  • Sometimes life seems like a dream, especially when I look down and see that I forgot to put on my pants.
  • Instead of studying for finals, what about just going to the Bahamas and catching some rays? Maybe you'll flunk, but you might have flunked anyway; that's my point.
  • One thing that makes me believe in UFOs is, sometimes I lose stuff.
  • I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.

Hope somewhere in there you got a good laugh...now go back to work would ya?! :}

4 comments:

Lissa said...

That cracks me up "Emily" father. LOL.... I hear ya' about the Costco thing, for Alex they tend to taste better there as well. She will swear up and down that she lovess the __ (insert whatever they are sampling). We will buy it and get home and she won't eat it and says it is gross? What the? How does Costco make it taste better?!

Colleen said...

Kaley's so cute! I remember when Taylor would always end the prayer with "..and God Bless America". Thanks for sahring Jack Handys "deep Thoughts"..so funny!!

Julz said...

Your blog always makes me smile! You're so bubbly and I always look forward to reading your latest! You're so awesome!

Judy Carroll & Family. said...

Aww I've Never Been To Costo,I'm Guessing It's Like Sam's? Which Is Like A Bulk Walmart. and sams has samples which are awesome :)