Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girl's Camp Out in the Backyard

While the boys had thier own camping night out, Kaley & I decided we'd have our own in the backyard (I stole that idea from Lissa....why didn't I think of that before?). It was lots of fun & good for Kaley & Mommy to have thier own time alone!
We started with roasting up some hot dogs for dinner
"This is the BEST hot dog ever mama!" (and yes, she is in different jammies since she dumped the raspberry slushies we made all over her! Humm..who does she get that spilling from anyway? :})
Then, of course, we had to make smores! (which I realize is not on the new diet; but, you know...you can't miss these simple experiences in life either, right?!)
The Dancing Queen had to give me a dance performance while we sat there and listened to her requested playlist, which included Gwen Stefani, Jason Mraz, Rihanna, Sheryl Crow & even Kid Rock. At least she is versatile & has great taste in music!
We also had to do the "girly stuff"...she painted my nails & brushed my hair. I wish I could always be this pampered! We finished off the night by watching her "Cillarenda" DVD (as she calls her...it's too cute! :}) Glad Doug put the outlets there on the new patio!
Is she still asleep?
No...she's awake!
The next morning, after we played a game, she helped me make some pancakes
And "Ms. Rachel Ray" better put cheese on the eggs for that "extra flavor"
Sure fun to have time with my girl...."Luv you Kay-Kay!!"

7 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun idea. Kaley is so cute.

Lissa said...

What a fun and great night! I am glad that the two of you had such an amazing night together!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I wish we could do that here, but WAY to hot, muggy and insect infested (mongo mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, etc.)! I can't even stand to walk out into my back yard this time of year. That reminds of all the times we did that together growing up. You guys had it going on though. Fire pit, music, tiki's! How fun!

Jenn said...

How fun is that?! That is such a cute idea...one I might have to steal from you! Ben goes camping and hunting all the time, and I never thought of us doing it as well. Plus doing all the things she loves...you are such a cute Mom!

Colleen said...

That's the way to spend girls night! Kaley is so cute, i bet she loved having some time with you to herself!

Anonymous said...

That is just the cutest!!

Carla said...

We used to camp out with the girls but the past few summers we haven't. UMM..I wonder why? By the end of the summer I will get out there and do it again. What a great idea.
You are a cute mom!!
:)Carla