Friday, July 25, 2008

Celebrations of Pioneer Day

As Utah celebrates it's birthday.....we try to make the most of the day off. Starting it out with a Supurb Jazzercise class is always a great way to begin a holiday! We finally made it to the 'Living Planet Aquarium'. A project in the works... though a great place now, will be spectacular when they're finished with it! Those pics to come since I forgot my camera (who me? I know!) & took them with the new phone that I still need to figure out :}

We then continued the holiday with some summer fun. With Moni so kindly bringing over her Slip N' Slide, the kids (and I :}) cooled off well (hey Carla & Lissa.....you're right, great idea! :}) Between bouncy houses & this, it's reminds me that you CAN continue to have fun like a kid despite getting older!! (though I do recall taking a dive to slide was A LOT easier then!)

They also played a little Hi-Li, or whatever the heck it's called

So Dylan was keeping himself entertained with the camera...if this face doesn't show Dyl's personality, I don't know what does! (OK, well actually some of the other pictures he took does too...but, those got deleted because I believe no one REALLY wants to see his bare gluteus maximus!!) Oh Dylan..what am I going to do with you?!

Our other family member, Toby
Lil' Henry being silly (Hey, does that remind anyone of a silly night at the Peterson household when I was knighted as the queen? Bubba? :})

Enjoying a little BBQ...we had to cook up the freshly caught & smoked salmon straight from Alaska. Given to us from our buddy, Bernie. Oh...it's the best!! He is so kind to give us one, or even sometimes two, every year after his annual fishing exertion! You rock Bernie!!
(BTW...Henry, you givin' me like the gangsta pose?! :})

We also had to try out the fun ice cream maker ball that mom & dad gave us for Christmas. You roll it around & it freezes the more you shake it. It's awesome! :} Though we still need to try the ice cream....we got back too late!

You always have to do some fireworks on the 24th! We enjoy getting together with our neighbors to do that each year!

Have you figured out what a poser Kaley is? Trust me, I don't set this up. She's just always like, "Mom..take a picture of me!" & then the arms go up & the hip goes out ! I really need to get her in modeling! :}
So, to finish off the holiday weekend...Doug & the boys are having thier boys night out with a little camping tonight. Kaley & I are going to have our own bit of camping in the backyard. She said we can sit in the tent & paint our nails & she can brush my hair. Sounds good to me! :}

2 comments:

Lissa said...

What a fun holiday and a great way to end it with a little girls and boys night... Isn't the slip-n-slide the greatest!? Glad you had so much fun with it!

Colleen said...

Sounds life a fun day. You're very daring on the slip & slide! Dylan cracks me up when he gets ahold of the camera!